Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Unleashes Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Phoronix: Apple Unleashes Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Apple has unleashed their new Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" operating system to the world today via the Mac OS X App Store...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's "releases", not "unleashes". No wait... Ah, now I get it. It's one of your usual "wow!" article titles that backfire all the time and make everyone roll their eyes instead of actually going "wow!"

Wow!

Comment

Is there any official statement that OpenGL has been upgraded to version 3.2 in Lion?

Btw in this regard Linux is "better" cause the closed source drivers support GL 4.1.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        It's "releases", not "unleashes". No wait... Ah, now I get it. It's one of your usual "wow!" article titles that backfire all the time and make everyone roll their eyes instead of actually going "wow!"

Wow!

Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It's impossible to not copy&paste titles that suggest absolute endorsement and/or Apple affiliation?

Comment

I wonder if Canonical will take issue with them using the name "Launchpad"

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              I wonder if Canonical will take issue with them using the name "Launchpad"
              Let's privatize more random English words and sue those who use them, after all capitalism is about buying, selling and making a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
                Let's privatize more random English words and sue those who use them, after all capitalism is about buying, selling and making a profit.
                Will if it's English words we'd privatise them :-P

Comment

Yeah, and 5 times as many hits where people managed to use a more appropriate phrase like "Apple releases".
                  (Not that I really cared)

Comment

So basicaly there's an OS upgrade that:
                    -Costs money;
                    -Is proprietary;
                    -But offers nothing NT 6.x doesn't offer, except a stupid Disney interface;
                    -Needs expensive Braun's 70's industrial design computers (dear Apple, it's 2011, kthnxbye);
                    -???

*YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN*

Can you please focus on FLOSS? And can you also leave out (non-Linux), proprietary software (which also includes Windows), except for benchmarks? 'K thanks....
                    Last edited by V!NCENT; 20 July 2011, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X