Two Weeks To PhoronixFest... Errr Oktoberfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Qaridarium, are you a programmer?
    Then please do us all a favor and stick to your field of profession. Otherwise, go have a beer at Oktoberfest.

The 'facts' you are presenting here are a huge load of full powered bullshit indeed:

a. Germany has a constitution. The Grundgesetz is a constitution in all aspects defining the term "constitution". And it is a pretty good one. Many new democracies in the world take the German Grundgesetz as model for their own constitution.
    Art. 146 is about how to enact a *new* constitution. It does not contain anything that would support your view.

b. Germans have a Passport. Maybe you do not have one, because maybe you never ever left your hometown. But believe me: you can get your passport from you Buergeramt at any time (Additionally to your ID card); and you will need the passport to travel outside the EU.

c. Germany is a democracy. Democracy mean that the people have the power; it does not necessarily mean that the people took the power. If someone (e.g. West Allied Forces) gave the power (back) to the people, then the result is still democracy.

d. The language of this forum is English!

Sorry for feeding the off-topic troll. I came here because I read the story about the MS executive who might claim back the beer money since Gallium implemented Direct 3D.
    But I can't help commenting on Qaridarium's aberrances.

Comment

Qaridarium, I don't understand your point about German democracy not being valid because it wasn't initiated by a referendum.

It's probably safe to say that the same applies to most countries (including Canada AFAIK). Doesn't make them any less valid.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Qaridarium, I don't understand your point about German democracy not being valid because it wasn't initiated by a referendum.

It's probably safe to say that the same applies to most countries (including Canada AFAIK). Doesn't make them any less valid.
        Don't. Argue. With. Qaridarium. You will regret it.

Comment

Working...
        X