No announcement yet.

Fedora 11: Blarney? Duchess? Zampone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still say they should adopt a pr0n theme when naming distros.

Comment

Since I'm from Modena too, I'd be very proud to "host" one of the Fedora names. But I have to admit "Zampone" does not suggest any idea of a sleek, modern, solid, user friendly computer software. The Zampone is really tasty, but it's the sort of food you can eat in really small quantities; it's composed of a mixture of pork meat, with a relevant amount of fat. This mixture is then stuffed into a fake pork leg made with other fatty parts from the pork.
      So I think "Persian", as a shade of blue, is a good choice, but maybe "Yale" would be better: it's a shade of blue AND a university (like Cambridge).

Comment

yea, I think they meant Zamboni and not Zambone

Comment

Originally posted by willywongi View Post
          it's composed of a mixture of pork meat, with a relevant amount of fat. This mixture is then stuffed into a fake pork leg made with other fatty parts from the pork.
          Then again, who here can honestly say that this doesn't sound a lot like the way Linux distributions are put together.

Ask any release manager.
          Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
            yea, I think they meant Zamboni and not Zambone
            I really don't think so, the name was first mentioned by an Italian guy on fedora-devel... And it's ZamPone (big limb, literally)

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Then again, who here can honestly say that this doesn't sound a lot like the way Linux distributions are put together.

Ask any release manager.
              Ahahaha Bridgman, after that offense to Zampone I will uninstall fglrx for radeon-hd

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                I still say they should adopt a pr0n theme when naming distros.
                If Zampone is chosen, then yes, you'll get your wish.

Because my submission for Fedora 12 would be "Holmes" as it is a type of sausage (John Holmes is a type of man sausage)

Comment

Working...
                X