Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Continues Work On Ivy Bridge Linux Graphics Support

Phoronix: Intel Continues Work On Ivy Bridge Linux Graphics Support

Intel's current-generation "Sandy Bridge" processors continue to sell incredibly well and perform phenomenally relative to AMD's current offerings and Intel's previous-generation hardware. Under Linux, the Sandy Bridge support is now excellent if pulling in the latest components (namely the Linux kernel, xf86-video-intel, and Mesa) and only continues to be improved over time with advancements like their new driver acceleration architecture. By year's end, Intel is expected to launch their "Ivy Bridge" processors as the successor to Sandy Bridge. Intel is already preparing the Ivy Bridge Linux support code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ubuntu

On my 64-bit Ubuntu (11.04), i3 sandy bridge, fullscreen YouTube video (flash) goes at around 1 fps. Non-fullscreen works without problems. Go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by mirza View Post
      On my 64-bit Ubuntu (11.04), i3 sandy bridge, fullscreen YouTube video (flash) goes at around 1 fps. Non-fullscreen works without problems. Go figure...
      Try Flash 11 Alpha 2 and it'll fly.

Comment

but depending upon whether Canonical plans to pull in DRM changes from the 3.1 kernel to their 3.0 Oneiric kernel, we could see poor "out of the box" support for the Intel Ivy Bridge hardware at launch.
        Not everyone is stupid enough to use Ubuntu.

Comment

yeah

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
          Try Flash 11 Alpha 2 and it'll fly.
          Indeed... works.

Comment

I don't find a download for flash 11.

Comment

Originally posted by towo2099 View Post
              I don't find a download for flash 11.

Comment

Originally posted by PreferLinux View Post
                Not everyone is stupid enough to use Ubuntu.
                How kind of you.

Comment

No offense meant to anyone. I just think there are better options.

Comment

Originally posted by PreferLinux View Post
                    No offense meant to anyone. I just think there are better options.
                    I think that you would do well to leave the flame. I can't stand Gnome-shell and love Unity. You see me signing on and calling everyone a moron for using Gnome-shell?

If you honestly thought that you wouldn't be offensive to users of one of the most popular distributions then you have a journey to maturity.

Comment

Working...
                    X