Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Would You Like Next On Phoronix In 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the new NUC DN2820FYK??
    With a Intel? Celeron? Processor N2820 Baytrail CPU.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirsty View Post
      What about the new NUC DN2820FYK??
      With a Intel? Celeron? Processor N2820 Baytrail CPU.
      http://ark.intel.com/products/78953/...-Kit-DN2820FYK
      Yes I intend to get one when I can find it on Amazon or NewEgg.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Hello
        Premium subscriptions have access to complete rss feeds?
        I read phoronix news during train travels and it is really annoying to open website pages instead than news feed when connection is slow.

Thank you
        Alessandro

Comment

game performances of kde, gnome etc. Thanks

Comment

Less Ubuntu
            More Hardware test
            More testing of different distro
            More coverage of things happening in Fedora,Linux Mint, Gentoo etc
            More Bsd( I love to read the comments after you made a bsd article

Oh and what happend to the beer?

Comment

ads

Those who are complaining about the advertising... if you are a frequent enough visitor or participant on this site, you ought to be subscribing as a premium member. Demanding premium level content, moaning about the ads, and then not subscribing, is pretty weak sauce. Support the things you enjoy. it's only $35/year after all, that's less than $3 a month.
              Last edited by torsionbar28; 25 February 2014, 04:16 PM.

Comment

I would like to see more power consumption benchmarks on laptops and with different distros.

Comment

I am wondering about Gentoo.
                  How much difference will it make?
                  In speed and power consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirsty View Post
                    I am wondering about Gentoo.
                    How much difference will it make?
                    In speed and power consumption.
                    Little to none.

Gentoo is for people who want to tweak every little package on their system towards exactly their personal needs, not for people who want it to go faster.

If you think gentoo's use flags are interesting, try gentoo. If you want things to go faster, keep your existing distro and just try to build a few of the main packages from scratch, like the kernel.

Comment

Hardware Reviews

I really enjoy the comprehensive hardware reviews. The majority of commodity hardware reviews on the web are Windows focused. I tend to stick only with hardware that has official vendor support for RHEL, both to play it safe from a compatibility standpoint, and to support the vendors who support Linux. Supermicro desktop boards, and Dell Precision laptops for example, rank highly on my list for their official RHEL support. I realize though that there's plenty of hardware that works fine, great even, but it isn't tested, certified, and labeled as such. Seeing Linux-based reviews of new hardware helps everyone see what works well and what doesn't, so bravo on that.

One thing I'd like to see more of, is non x86 hardware reviews. ARM in particular is interesting, for its excellent Linux support, and for it's ultra-low power consumption. Not to mention its low cost. I think Phoronix attracts Linux hobbyists, and so does the ARM processor architecture. Lets see some ARM hardware reviews and benchmarks! There's a lot to choose from, PandaBoard, BeagleBoard, Raspberry Pi, CubieBoard, etc.
                      Last edited by torsionbar28; 18 March 2014, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X