Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Ivy Bridge Benchmarks On Mesa 10.0 With GL 3.3

Phoronix: Intel Ivy Bridge Benchmarks On Mesa 10.0 With GL 3.3

Most often when running Intel Linux graphics benchmarks these days we're using Haswell hardware since that's where the most exciting developments are now happening with it being the latest-generation Intel products. However, we routinely go back and test older generations of hardware. With it having been a while since last running Mesa benchmarks with Ivy Bridge, especially now this week Mesa 10.0 receiving OpenGL 3.3 support, it's time for some new benchmarks...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm surprised by the results.
    I have 3.11, and I can get 110 fps for Xonotic at low at 1920x1080 with my intel hd4000.

Maybe there's big performance change depending on the intel cpu with the intel hd4000, or something was consuming GPU when the benchmark ran.

I would be suprised that 3.12 has a performance hit compared to 3.11.

Comment

Originally posted by mannerov View Post
      I'm surprised by the results.
      I have 3.11, and I can get 110 fps for Xonotic at low at 1920x1080 with my intel hd4000.

Maybe there's big performance change depending on the intel cpu with the intel hd4000, or something was consuming GPU when the benchmark ran.

I would be suprised that 3.12 has a performance hit compared to 3.11.
      The results here are probably about the slowest you can get... its an i3 ultrabook so the CPU is going to be a good deal slower than an i5 or i7 the GPU probably isn't clocked as high either.

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
        The results here are probably about the slowest you can get... its an i3 ultrabook so the CPU is going to be a good deal slower than an i5 or i7 the GPU probably isn't clocked as high either.
        And it's likely changing the resolution doesn't make much of a difference on such a CPU limited test.

Comment

Working...
        X