Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linux Evolution For Intel Haswell's Performance

Phoronix: The Linux Evolution For Intel Haswell's Performance

While the Intel Haswell CPUs were just launched days ago, there's already quite a Linux story to them. The Haswell CPU is interesting and the performance is good, but there's still extra headroom to make especially when it comes to the graphics driver and performance relative to Intel's Windows driver. Even so, the Intel Haswell Linux support has already evolved a great deal.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Id really like to see Windows 8 vs OSX vs Linux 3.10 with latest Mesa/gcc etc benchmarks of Haswell. Just to put things in perspective.

Comment

How about benchmarking games that people actually care about? You know like Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead or Serious Sam 3.

Comment

@Michael

Can You make Unigine Sanctuary tests for this setup? (So that we can see Sanctuary in all those test about Haswell)

Comment

It is the third article saying that there is still some space to grow to match windows driver. But what are the numbers? Is it that bad or is it just minor improvement needed? I am puzzled, I understand Michael has the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by apholux View Post
            It is the third article saying that there is still some space to grow to match windows driver. But what are the numbers? Is it that bad or is it just minor improvement needed? I am puzzled, I understand Michael has the numbers.
            Numbers will be published soon.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Clear enough

I told ya .
              Let's wait for some benchmarks once Haswell becomes more mature in the next months.

Comment

Working...
              X