Simple graphics switching through BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll test this this week!

I the meantime - could anyone help me out with removing fglrx first? I went roughly like this:
    su -c 'yum remove akmod-catalyst-legacy-* xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-legacy* xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-legacy-libs'

sudo rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

un-blacklist xorg in /etc/yum.conf (which was used to prevent xorg from updating to keep it downgraded)

reboot

su -c 'yum clean all'

yum reinstall mesa-libGL
    yum reinstall mesa-*

yum reinstall xorg-x11-server* && yum install xorg-x11-drv-intel*

I also tried updating the intel driver using their official installer.

AMD provides a script for fglrx uninstallation (.sh). Can anyone find and upload such script for catalyst 13.1 legacy so that we could all see what it actually does?

Comment

Awesome!

What you listed in correct for uninstalling fglrx, except for the first yum line. It should be:

Code:
      su -c 'yum remove akmod-catalyst-legacy kmod-catalyst-legacy-* xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-legacy*'
      Also, after you unblock the packages in /etc/yum.conf, use "yum update" instead of "yum reinstall". You don't want to reinstall the old versions

The AMD uninstallation script should only be used if you installed from the binary on AMD's website. It basically just manually deletes all the files instead of letting rpm handle it.

Comment

Code:
        su -c 'yum remove akmod-catalyst-legacy kmod-catalyst-legacy-* xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-legacy*'
        Password: 
        Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
        No Match for argument: akmod-catalyst-legacy
        No Match for argument: kmod-catalyst-legacy-*
        No Match for argument: xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-legacy*
        No Packages marked for removal
        Also after I re-installed the said packages I also updated the whole system. Still broken graphics performance.

Code:
        glxinfo | grep render
        direct rendering: Yes
        OpenGL renderer string: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.2, 128 bits)
            GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_NV_light_max_exponent,
        My xorg.conf

Comment

Originally posted by Bucic View Post
          This can't be correct. Neither "device" section mentions intel or ati.
          You're probably better of with skipping xorg.conf completely (delete it) so that it can auto configure itself and change your monitor setup with xrandr after X is started.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
            This can't be correct. Neither "device" section mentions intel or ati.
            You're probably better of with skipping xorg.conf completely (delete it) so that it can auto configure itself and change your monitor setup with xrandr after X is started.
            Xorg.conf deleted and it hasn't been re-created after reboot. Performance is slightly better but still bad. It was perfect before I installed fglrx.

Code:
            glxinfo | grep render
            direct rendering: Yes
            OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Mobile Intel? GM45 Express Chipset 
                GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_depth_clamp,

Comment

Originally posted by chenxiaolong View Post
              Alrighty, I finished making the packages The source code and packaging are available here: https://github.com/chenxiaolong/Fedora-Hybrid-Graphics

Instructions.
              I got a "nothing to do" error

Pretty bad as I lost my system when I was trying to go back Intel -> AMD and restored an image with a working Catalyst specifically to test this. I may not be able to test this again soon.

Comment

I got a "nothing to do" error

Pretty bad as I lost my system when I was trying to go back Intel -> AMD and restored an image with a working Catalyst specifically to test this. I may not be able to test this again soon.
                What version of the catalyst drivers do you currently have installed?

Code:
                rpm -qa | grep catalyst
                EDIT: Maybe try installing the RPMs with "rpm -Uvh /path/to/rpms" instead of "yum install".

Comment

Originally posted by chenxiaolong View Post
                  What version of the catalyst drivers do you currently have installed?

Code:
                  rpm -qa | grep catalyst
                  I had 13.1. Right now I'm toying with F19 alpha so I may not be able to respond quickly...

Comment

It seems the ask.fedora method I used doesn't work anymore. I'd test your program but I don't know any other method of downgrading the damn xorg

Comment

It seems the ask.fedora method I used doesn't work anymore. I'd test your program but I don't know any other method of downgrading the damn xorg
                      http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...m-1-13-to-1-12
                      I replied to your other thread. The instructions at ask.fedoraproject.org work fine, but they require a little change if you need to do it again on the same installation.

If only AMD would update their damn drivers

Comment

Working...
                      X