Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Linux Port Of Baldur's Gate Is Being Looked At

Phoronix: A Linux Port Of Baldur's Gate Is Being Looked At

The creative director for Overhaul Games' Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition title has shared that they're looking at making a native Linux port...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

gemrb

Seems worth mentioning that there's already gemrb, a free software engine remake, which works pretty well for at least BG1 and BG2 with their expansions.

GemRB is a portable open-source implementation of Bioware’s Infinity Engine

Comment

It's nice having another classic DnD style RPG besides Neverwinter Nights on Linux.
      But with so many great games heading to Linux in the upcoming year it's gonna be be a really hard blow to my pocket.

Comment

Great news

I really enjoyed these games and will be thrilled if they release a native linux client!

Comment

pretty cool news.

Also just found out that Linux game publishing (LGP) released Sacred Gold RPG in USC and probably to desura too:

ubuntuvibes.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ubuntuvibes.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

more RPGs the merrier.

any more good rpgs available ?
          Last edited by madjr; 31 August 2012, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Great!

I like the isometric Baldur's Gate Series way better than NWN.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
              pretty cool news.

Also just found out that Linux game publishing (LGP) released Sacred Gold RPG in USC and probably to desura too:

ubuntuvibes.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ubuntuvibes.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

more RPGs the merrier.

any more good rpgs available ?
              Excellent, just bought this now.

Comment

i have a sneaking suspicion most of you never heard of gemRB project - it allows you to play classic baldur's gate games on wide range of systems.

still, linux port of newer version of the game is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  Great!

I like the isometric Baldur's Gate Series way better than NWN.
                  W00t, with the module editor etc.? Community made adventures?
                  Imoen was cool though

Comment

Excellent

Hope this really happens.

I had already prepurchased earlier the game as I was thinking of running it via wine or some other method but a native Linux version makes me much happier.

Perhaps on Linux Steam as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X