I Lost Interest With Intel's New, Fan-Less Bay Trail NUC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post
    I read on CPU World that Intel was discontinuing the 2820 and replacing it with a 2830 that included QuickSync video transcoding support.

Perhaps Intel will update the 2820-based NUC to a 2830 CPU.
    As I wrote in the article, Intel has been silently upgrading to the N2830 while keeping the NUC model number the same.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Would AMD be a better deal?

Let's face it AMD does give Intel a run for their money In these low end chips. Especially after your Beema and Mullins reviews I'm not sure what the big draw would be for the Intel machines.

Comment

What Beema and Mullins reviews? Michael's AM1 were Kabini.

Comment

When a GNU tablet review

I did read that the Lenovo 8" Miix 2 Intel SoC that comes with MS WOS 8 is able to run FEDORA with GNOME but has still drivers issues

Any of this CHEAP Intel tablets with GNOME or KDE can be BEST SELLERS,look at the success of Chrome OS,

I think it would be even better than the future Ubuntu phone in sells,and any OEM can always offer it also with Android and or MS WOS 8

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            What Beema and Mullins reviews? Michael's AM1 were Kabini.
            You are right! I've been reading so much about Beema and Mullins lately that I totally confused sources here. This brings up the question Micheal, when will we see Beema and Mullins reviewed here on Phoronix?

Comment

Originally posted by mitcoes View Post
              I did read that the Lenovo 8" Miix 2 Intel SoC that comes with MS WOS 8 is able to run FEDORA with GNOME but has still drivers issues
              Linux always has driver issues, however that has never stopped anybody in the past.
              Any of this CHEAP Intel tablets with GNOME or KDE can be BEST SELLERS,look at the success of Chrome OS,
              It isn't that simple! You need a power efficient operating system mire than anything. Otherwise your tablet retains all the heft of an unabridged dictionary due to the battery requirements.
              I think it would be even better than the future Ubuntu phone in sells,and any OEM can always offer it also with Android and or MS WOS 8
              I really don't see a big draw for Intel hardware in tablets. No matter how you look at it the hardware simply isn't efficient. Especially considering how far behind Intel is with SoC integration.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                You are right! I've been reading so much about Beema and Mullins lately that I totally confused sources here. This brings up the question Micheal, when will we see Beema and Mullins reviewed here on Phoronix?
                +1 (once such devices become available)

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
                  I really don't see a big draw for Intel hardware in tablets. No matter how you look at it the hardware simply isn't efficient. Especially considering how far behind Intel is with SoC integration.
                  ?? The intel based phones last year were competitive with arm ones in terms of efficiency.
                  The intel socs are probably still more expensive, but they've reached their target for power usage.

Comment

Working...
                  X