Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phoronix Kernel Test Farm Is Alive

Phoronix: The Phoronix Kernel Test Farm Is Alive

This year with the Phoronix Test Suite we have delivered four major updates to this leading, widely adopted, multi-platform testing software that has brought dozens of new test profiles and literally hundreds of significant changes. These changes ranged from features to autonomously track performance regressions within any code-base, the ability to not only compare frame-rates within OpenGL tests but image quality comparisons too, support for mobile platforms, and so much other major work to further drive automated testing and benchmarking not only on Linux but OpenSolaris, *BSD, and Mac OS X too. In 2009 we also launched PTS Desktop Live, our own operating system for carrying out standardized benchmarks in an easy-to-use and repeatable manner from a live Linux environment, and also Phoromatic, which is designed for the enterprise world and allows the Phoronix Test Suite to be easily deployed across many systems and then managed from a central interface. The year is not over yet, nor is our work on ensuring that the Phoronix Test Suite is the most powerful and robust testing/benchmarking platform. With that said, as of this morning our Phoronix kernel test farm is now alive!

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Simply awesome work Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by sreyan View Post
      Simply awesome work Michael.
      Yeah, thanks
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

yeah great

Comment

Hi

Would it be possible to test the latest git Xorg stack daily too?

You could perhaps find regressions before the developers do

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Great, simply fantastic!

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
            Yeah, testing against latest mesa trunk would be awesome
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Hi

You could perhaps find regressions before the developers do

Cheers

Mike
              Yeah, very easily... It's all technically possible and could be deployed within an hour or two. The only items holding a Mesa / X automated test setup are: 1. I only have so much room and tolerance for noise in my living room where this test farm is currently running out of 2. Electricity. Running some high-end gaming setups continuously benchmarking are going to be burning through a lot more power and until there is a direct revenue stream from Phoromatic / "Phorotrack" / this service, it is harder to justify.
              Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Yeah, very easily... It's all technically possible and could be deployed within an hour or two. The only items holding a Mesa / X automated test setup are: 1. I only have so much room and tolerance for noise in my living room where this test farm is currently running out of 2. Electricity. Running some high-end gaming setups continuously benchmarking are going to be burning through a lot more power and until there is a direct revenue stream from Phoromatic / "Phorotrack" / this service, it is harder to justify.
                Eap! Didn't know you were running this from home

Might I suggest a cut down Gentoo installation with the x11 overlay

You can then recompile the whole of X (and maybe even wine its self) using one command

Seeing as this is a home rig what specs does it have?

Comment

Eap! Didn't know you were running this from home

Might I suggest a cut down Gentoo installation with the x11 overlay

You can then recompile the whole of X (and maybe even wine its self) using one command
                  Maybe.

Seeing as this is a home rig what specs does it have?
                  The first kernel system right now is just an Intel Atom nettop for noise and power reasons. However, the next system being assembled is a dual quad-core Opteron. Just because it's located in my living room doesn't mean that it's a home rig I am just running out of room in my office and testing area.
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

checkout

any change google checkout will become available to transact donations and subscriptions?

cheers!

Comment

Working...
                    X