Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U can surely be fine using intel's opensource stack

Comment

• Open Source drivers seem to evolve, but can't say the same about FGLRX.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vii7 View Post
        Open Source drivers seem to evolve, but can't say the same about FGLRX.
        Uhm have you tried the latest fglrx 10.5? A lot is happening behind the scene. Wine works a lot better than with 10.4 and several are reporting a lot of xvba fixes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
          Uhm have you tried the latest fglrx 10.5? A lot is happening behind the scene. Wine works a lot better than with 10.4 and several are reporting a lot of xvba fixes.
          That's what I have now, installed it with kanotix script.

Comment

That's what I have now, installed it with kanotix script.
            Okay what changes do you want to see, if I may ask? Better 2d performance will arrive with fglrx 10.6 apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
              Okay what changes do you want to see, if I may ask? Better 2d performance will arrive with fglrx 10.6 apparently.
              I've been waiting for fix for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Aw68eN69o - for the last 3 years, so i finally decided to make a topic about it...

Comment

I've been waiting for fix for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Aw68eN69o - for the last 3 years, so i finally decided to make a topic about it...
                Lets continue this discussion in private messages :-)

Comment

• I'm suffering from the same exact issue. Tearing when moving windows, browsing pages, watching videos, even when Compiz is turned off.

I really don't know what to do. I am so frustrated. Extremely frustrated. I'm going to tons of forums posting my problems with my ATI HD5850 card in Linux. It's been past my return window and I'm stuck with the card, I wish I bought an NVidia.

Comment

• Not compiz related, but VSync. That's why I disabled effects when doing that video, to show that it's not compiz related. Had this problem with any FGLRX i tried for the last 3 years. Just recently, since Open Drivers with support for my card I can finally use my ATi card with Linux, at least at basic functionality. Whit Open Source drivers works fine with all compiz effects applied and that cause it's capable of using VSync just right (it's synked with my monitor refresh rate all the time). And all this by default - I didn't had to do a single thing, yet with FGLRX I knocked on many doors...

Comment

Not compiz related, but VSync. That's why I disabled effects when doing that video, to show that it's not compiz related. Had this problem with any FGLRX i tried for the last 3 years. Just recently, since Open Drivers with support for my card I can finally use my ATi card with Linux, at least at basic functionality. Whit Open Source drivers works fine with all compiz effects applied and that cause it's capable of using VSync just right (it's synked with my monitor refresh rate all the time). And all this by default - I didn't had to do a single thing, yet with FGLRX I knocked on many doors...
                      Yeah I agree this is one of my biggest issues with fglrx.

Comment

Working...
                      X