No announcement yet.

AMD Phenom 9500 Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be interesting to see, when the benchmarks are run again, is to see Phenom running linux 32 bit, and linux running 64 bit, and comparing to other quad-core.

Are these benchmarks in the plans for the near future?

Comment

Any more news on this?

I'm really trying to decide whether to get Phenom or Q6600 for linux...

Comment

Last will be faster, thats absolutely clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Last will be faster, thats absolutely clear.
          The Q6600 is much more expensive though (than the phenom 9500).
          Also the new 45nm Q9300 (which I guess replaces the Q6600) is just around the corner.
          Last edited by Kibou; 19 January 2008, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Well I wait for the new 45 nm Quads too... E6600 works well at 3Ghz without Vcore change, want to see what the new CPUs can do...

Comment

Current reports indicate that how well the 45nm CPUs will overclock depends on the lot, so its a toss up. I think if you where to buy Intel for overclocking either pick a G0 Q6600 or wait for Intel's 45nm process to stabilize. Just make sure you use applications that can make use of more than 2 cores. Otherwise a fast dualcore is probably a better buy anyway.
              Last edited by Raven3x7; 20 January 2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

The consensus is that for linux the Phenom is NOT the better choice?

We have yet to see conclusive linux benchmarks since some issues related to kernel are still being resolved.

Comment

The Phenom 9600 has been clocked to 3,25 GHz with air cooling. From what several german forums say, all the new Phenom's (9600 BE) are able to reach 2,8-3,0 pretty easy now instead of at launch where they didn't even reach 2,6 GHz... and with the B3 stepping launching today, which seems to be able to get overclocked a little higher, the Phenom is definitly not a bad choice even for high-end gamers now.

Comment

Buy one, then you will see how fast it will get (or not).

Comment

I will do so right after the 790FX/SB700 boards launch

Comment

Working...
                      X