Xserver 1.14 support will arrive with Catalyst 13.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archibald View Post
    UVD support will be in available out of the box in the next few months, it needs kernel 3.10 and Mesa 9.2. We don't have it now, but it's not far off.
    UVD support will not come for the HD3200 and HD4200. Most integrated chipsets sold use the HD4200.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
      UVD support will not come for the HD3200 and HD4200. Most integrated chipsets sold use the HD4200.
      Hey thanks, this should save us a bunch of time. If you know that it's not going to come out then I guess we can stop working on it...
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Hey thanks, this should save us a bunch of time. If you know that it's not going to come out then I guess we can stop working on it...
        I better should have said: Will not come soon.

Originally posted by agd5f
        rs780/880 chips like the 4250 do not yet have UVD support.
        If you have more information when we can expect UVD support for those chips just post it.
        Also, if you have information when (or better if) we can expect support for kernels >3.4 and Xserver >1.12 in the legacy Catalyst drivers it would also be worth to know that for us users of "Legacy" hardware.

Comment

It's good news that Catalyst 13.6 will support Xserver 1.14.

I hope that Ubuntu 13.04 will also be better supported (I did not upgrade because hybrid graphics users (intel/amd) said they had to install an older intel driver version to get things work).

For my laptop, I stick with the catalyst driver because it has good power management and support the last opengl version (just in case I need it)
          For my desktop, I have an hd4670, and I must say that I experienced too much issues with fglrx and I'm much more happy with the opensource driver (though I set the performance to low to make the card not getting too hot). My experience with the open source driver is relatively problem free.

I've read in an old post that the lenght of the code for power management in fglrx was more than the mesa code. Is it true? Does it mean that power management for the open source driver, when it comes, won't be as complete as that fglrx's one? (because it would require too much work)

Comment

a quick question about UVD. I found Review AMD A6-1450 APU "Temash" on the web which mentions UVD 4.2
            What would that version update include? I am not able to find anything about it

Comment

Just read there are new beta Catalysts available for Windows.
              I really wonder why we don't see beta drivers for Linux more often.
              It would have been great to see a public 13.5 beta with Xserver 1.14 support.
              Actually, I thought things are changing with turning away from the monthly
              release cycle and Steam on Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
                Just read there are new beta Catalysts available for Windows.
                I really wonder why we don't see beta drivers for Linux more often.
                It would have been great to see a public 13.5 beta with Xserver 1.14 support.
                Actually, I thought things are changing with turning away from the monthly
                release cycle and Steam on Linux.
                Here you go: http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...lyst-13-6-Beta

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                  Danke, das ist klasse!

Comment

Working...
                  X