How Much E-Mail Spam Do You Get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much E-Mail Spam Do You Get?

Since the start of the month I have seen my spam go up by nearly four fold -- with 99% of it being the new spam of "insider secrets" trying to get you to invest into these particular stocks. From what I have read regarding this new spam, the basic idea is the spammers want you to invest in these penny stocks based upon this "insider information", and then once these stocks increase, the spammers will pull their shares out and you'll end up loosing.

As just pointed out by Slashdot, the level of spam is greatly increasing -- http://www.networkworld.com/news/200...mage-spam.html

So how has your inbox been?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Well, I get spam almost every day. I just think it's a part of life now.

Comment

I get about 200 spam messages per day... but Spam Assassin catches most of it.

Comment

Yeah, my spam situation is getting worse every d@mn day. I sure would like to know who is sending all these messages so I can personally pay them a visit...with my baseball bat. I'm not kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
          Yeah, my spam situation is getting worse every d@mn day. I sure would like to know who is sending all these messages so I can personally pay them a visit...with my baseball bat. I'm not kidding.
          I hear you man, totally. The worst spam I get is this:

Instead of plain text, it's a huge image with the message. They even add random markings of varying colors to confuse filters that -can- read images as spam... if such a thing exists.

I must get at least 20 messages like this a day

I feel sorry for people that are foolish enough to actually read this stuff. People must... or else we wouldn't get it in such huge abundance.

Comment

Rob Williams: that's exactly the kind of spam I get...they're sooo annoying!

Comment

That used to be my biggest type but now it's the stock ones I mentioned...

We called it yesterday and now it's up 100%! Brand new
              issue, XXXX XXXXXXX, heading straight up!

VERY tightly held, in a booming business sector, with a
              huge publicity campaign starting up, XXXX XXXXXXX (XXXX)
              is already bringing our readers huge gains. We advise you
              to get in on this one as well and ride it to the top!

Symbol: XXXX
              Current Price: 5.87
              Projected Price: $15.40

Check the stats! Check the level 2! Imagine what this one
              will do when the full force of the PR campaign hits it, in
              conjunction with smashing news!

Major oil discovery? We are not permitted to say at this
              point. All we can say is that this one is going to see
              amazing appreciation in a very short period of time! This
              is your opportunity. Win big with XXXX!
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                So how has your inbox been?
                Not QUITE spooged up, but I've been seeing a lot more garbage in my Inbox- I'm using Citadel UX as the server, SpamAssassin, and it seems to be stemming most of it. I need to break down and add a few extra rules to SA to block some of the obvious stuff outright, including some of the stupid bounce reports from the idiots using forged headers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Williams View Post
                  I hear you man, totally. The worst spam I get is this:

Instead of plain text, it's a huge image with the message. They even add random markings of varying colors to confuse filters that -can- read images as spam... if such a thing exists.

I must get at least 20 messages like this a day

I feel sorry for people that are foolish enough to actually read this stuff. People must... or else we wouldn't get it in such huge abundance.
                  No, they're being very hopeful. It's all scam crap anyhow. And, there's got to be a signature based attack upon this sort of crap- guess I'll study the junk more and see if there's any hallmarks other than the description you gave for them (since I think everyone's getting that crap in their inbox of late...).

Comment

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
                    Baseball bat? Wouldn't hurt even CLOSE enough...

Now, if you'd put nails in it so that they were like 1/4 inch spikes in the bat...

Comment

Working...
                    X