Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel's Linux DRM Driver Plans For 2013

Phoronix: Intel's Linux DRM Driver Plans For 2013

Daniel Vetter of Intel's Open-Source Technology Center talked this weekend about recent and future improvements being worked on for the company's open-source DRM graphics kernel driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this speech anywhere in the official video list? I'd like to watch from the official source since it's of (much) better quality.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      Is this speech anywhere in the official video list? I'd like to watch from the official source since it's of (much) better quality.
      The talk was at FOSDEM, not LCA, so no. We can be thankful to Michael that we have any coverage at all of this event.

Comment

Any such talks for amd and nvidia side of things?

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
          Any such talks for amd and nvidia side of things?
          AMD didn't even have any developers in attendance at FOSDEM... (or even LCA as far as I know.)

Nouveau developers were there but the only NVIDIA-related talk was on Tegra.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

IIRC Marek added some threading code to the r300g and r600g drivers a year or so ago, although I'm not 100% sure about r600g. Believe the approach was that most of the Mesa code ran in the application thread while command submission to the kernel driver and associated kernel processing happened in a separate helper thread.
            Test signature

Comment

Working...
            X