No announcement yet.

Ban Qaridium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most of you missed a very important aspect of this guy: he generates discussion, and thus revenue. Now, this site is right now built almost strictly on revenue (otherwise you couldn't explain such useless posts as 'Miguel de Icaza Calls For More Mono, C# Games', unless you knew who the author is)

This logic dictates that the probability of this guy getting banned is just about 0. In fact, I'm so sure of it that I'm willing to pledge a 6 month premium membership here ($20) if this guy gets banned. Not that I want him to, I just don't believe it will ever happen.
    Last edited by susikala; 16 February 2012, 07:21 AM.

Comment

That's a very cynical attitude - but unfortunately, that doesn't make it wrong, and I find myself agreeing with most of what you said. Sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
        This was just as expected. Go troll somewhere else, microjunkie.
        You're joking, right?

Comment

Poll is closed

Hey you closed the poll way too early

+1 from here to ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Xemanth View Post

+1 from here to ban.
            Seconding this.

Comment

Originally posted by Xemanth View Post
              +1 from here to ban.
              Feel free to make a new one. You know which way I'll vote...

BTW, I don't really care about the off-topic political threads he posts about the Fourth Reich or whatever he's advocating. It's threadjacking the technical news threads that sucks. Simply ignoring one poster does not work when s/he's provoking lots of other people (and usually not in a positive way).

Comment

Don't ban him, please!

Well, I can't vote this thread, but I think we shouldn't ban Qaridarium, simply because almost every thread he starts makes you laugh... Sometimes when I'm tired, I just come here to the forums just to see a Qaridarium's post/thread...

Cheers

Comment

He also derails every other thread he gets into, which is annoying

Originally posted by evolution View Post
                  Well, I can't vote this thread, but I think we shouldn't ban Qaridarium, simply because almost every thread he starts makes you laugh... Sometimes when I'm tired, I just come here to the forums just to see a Qaridarium's post/thread...

Cheers
                  What we need is some option to let him start threads and post on those, but not on existing threads that others have created.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
                    What we need is some option to let him start threads and post on those, but not on existing threads that others have created.
                    I would rather put him on probation: 1 post a day, no more than 150 words. It's more a measure of self-restriction where he can show that he wants to take part in the community but likewise follow the requirements of a community.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                      the belief that freedom of speech implies an entitlement to freedom to disrupt, freedom to make personal attacks, freedom to insult, freedom to slander / defame, etc etc.

Which, as most people aptly put it, is what is known as being a complete and utter jerk / @$Sh0le.

Which that Q person definitely is in every sense of the word.
                      Fully agreed with this point of view. So I would vote for a first step toward a ban, some sort of warning, then a full ban.

But who knows, Qaridarium might be Michael Larabel's free time alias. For all I can see Michael is like an ADHD guy on energy drinks who doesn't need to sleep, just to work (good work, by the way) so I would bet that he's just spicing up the forums a little bit in his free time. I pretty much believe Qaridarium doesn't have a poor English but he intentionally writes in that broken way just as well as he intentionally keeps throwing flame bait everywhere. He's from Germany? Cheap made up alibi for his pretended broken English. Knows a lot of facts about Germany? It's hard to forget Michael's explicit interest for that country pointed out everywhere by himself
                      Last edited by geamandura; 01 April 2012, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X