Hacking Express gate (Asus Splashtop)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, think I screwed up somewhere

I kept getting the No USB Device Found message when trying to use the updater to flash my modified dfi. I'm wondering if the previous failed flashing messed up the Expressgate in the SSD. Expressgate was a black screen upon reboot with a press esc to enter os at the bottom. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      The file you need is over 400 mb, of course you could install win + use exe installer too, but then you have to install grub4dos or grub2 inside win as bootloader. The direct way requires a huger download...
      He should be able to use the 170mb file by gunzipping the dfi and removing the 48 byte header at the front. I managed to mount the 1.2.40 image that way.

Comment

A bit hard to say as i don't own such a board - send me one if you like to I would test the changes in Vbox or Qemu first and copy the modified sqx files into a new pure image. Maybe the BIOS detects the SSD differently - the kernel just looked for FAT16 and DVMUSB as label.

Comment

For the 2nd thing: the tiny download is usally the exe installer, or did you find the DFI directly too?

Comment

For the 2nd thing: the tiny download is usally the exe installer, or did you find the DFI directly too?
            The 150+MB files contains a dfi or an installer (the expressgate_ssd 1240 version is a dfi only). The 400+MB files are the ones that contains both img and dfi.
            Last edited by sojourner; 30 July 2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Uh, well I can't download either one, the Global link won't do anything, and the China link won't start downloading at all. So I repeat my humble request for a mirror
              Or rapidshare + PM me a link. Or something. Thanks

Comment

Got it, thanks to Kano. Now unto hacking and finding out how they fast boot..

Comment

Guess I touched a file accidentally - I get "Your express gate installation is incomplete. Please use the Express Gate Installer to repair the installation". So, is this the error you got? And fixed with pascal?

Comment

Well I found a much easier way than to recreate the version file, just use the first 32 bytes of it (the header).

Code:
                    dd of=version bs=1 seek=32 count=0

Comment

Well I found a much easier way than to recreate the version file, just use the first 32 bytes of it (the header).

Code:
                      dd of=version bs=1 seek=32 count=0
                      I don't completely understand. What is the input to the dd command?

Comment

Working...
                      X