ATI R600g Gains Mip-Map, Face Culling Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FYI, I submitted the patches here:

just in case anyone wants to re-test with r300g, since I only tested them on nvidia.

Comment

• Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
      FYI, I submitted the patches here:

just in case anyone wants to re-test with r300g, since I only tested them on nvidia.
      Tried it out with r300g, it's working fine!

Comment

Looks rather good to me. I'm still suspicious about the gear not looking quite symmetric but I might just be imagining it.

Comment

• Dare I suggest having two geartrains?

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
          So.. it's a test-case. Fixing everything may make it beautiful, but not necessarily more useful as a test-case. Does this program have a certain purpose to test specific features that must continue to be used?
          Fix one geartrain to render beautifully, and keep the other broken one around to test that the driver doesn't crash or lock up when abused?

Comment

• Originally posted by marek View Post
            An incorrect test which is supposed to fail but doesn't crash a GPU or Mesa means that Mesa/GPU passes and handles the incorrectness correctly. :P

Concerning the licensing issues, you can't copy a GPL code and commit it in Mesa.
            Maybe if he simply states in a friendly e-mail what he likes to do (contribute to Mesa) and just ask if they could perhaps release a tiny segment of that code under the mit lisence to him they will just do it? No is what you have, a yes is what you might get.

Comment

• Brian Paul committed the patches. Now there's source from me in mesa. Ego++

Hopefully it'll prevent a bit of confusion for driver developers in the future.

Comment

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/demos/
                Brian Paul committed the patches. Now there's source from me in mesa. Ego++

Hopefully it'll prevent a bit of confusion for driver developers in the future.
                Yeah, now there's no weird white stuff anyway. I still find it a bit confusing that the lower part of the wheel you fixed isn't similar to the upper part of the wheel but guess I can live with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by marek View Post
                  Concerning the licensing issues, you can't copy a GPL code and commit it in Mesa.
                  Well what about getting ideas from it then?

Comment

• Originally posted by tball View Post
                    Well what about getting ideas from it then?
                    That's what some BSD people do. They scrounge GPL'd Linux kernel code for 'inspiration' and 'ideas' and then try to obfuscate it by renaming variables and rearranging code. Sometimes they are a little bit careless and this results in blatant copyright infringement.

gmane.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gmane.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Really there's a fine line between copying ideas and copying code. A line that can be easily crossed even if you do have good intent. Since it's not uncommon to end up implementing the ideas exactly the same way as the code where you got the ideas from in the first place.

Surely you don't want to go that road, and I don't think Mesa would accept it.

Comment

• That Theo guy sounds bloody scary.

Comment

Working...
                      X