Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kivada View Post
    Both of you are wrong.

What you should be asking is why Larabel doesn't get the same treatment that the hundreds of Windows review sites do. They sen to have absolutely no trouble at all getting pre-launch date top end hardware, even limited production custom designed parts are given to them free of charge, while Larabel doesn't even seem to be able to get bargain basement parts sent to him.

Let me know when you've figured out why, you should already know my position on this.
    Hardware manufacturers are known to avoid Linux for various reasons.

Comment

How in the world did you get so much framerates in TF2 with that 7950. I've used kernel 3.10 + Catalyst 13.6 + Ubuntu 13.04 and Ubuntu 13.10 and I've never been able to get more than a few FPS with insane lag.

Comment

Both of you are wrong.

What you should be asking is why Larabel doesn't get the same treatment that the hundreds of Windows review sites do. They sen to have absolutely no trouble at all getting pre-launch date top end hardware, even limited production custom designed parts are given to them free of charge, while Larabel doesn't even seem to be able to get bargain basement parts sent to him.

Let me know when you've figured out why, you should already know my position on this.
        He's not worth it?

at least that would explain why he has to prostitute his articles with anger about XMir

"At least XMir hasn't yet been integrated into mainline Ubuntu 13.10 otherwise these OpenGL performance results would be lower."

Please have some self-respect Michael! XD

Next time you could say that unfortunately the games haven't yet been ported to Mir natively, wich might have brought a performance win.

Comment

Thank you Micheal, this shows I need to be careful, if I want to upgrade my hd5750 with 1 gig of ram.

And it also proofs that for Teamfortress 2, I do not need a faster card.

My desktop resolution is 1680 x 1050 btw.
          I run my games in this resolution too, the only game were this failed on Linux ( not on directx, but on openGL ( window or Linux does not matter for this game )
          Was with Serious Sam 3.

With allot of enemies on the screen, I had to lower the resolution to 1280 x 720, for this game to run smooth. (openSUSE 12.3 )

cpu AMD 5750 phenom II X4 at stock 3.2 ghz. 4 gig ram.

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
            Radeon 4000 is supported by the R600 driver if I'm not mistaken. You should be able to get good performance with DPM + R600sb backend.
            I said Radeon series and below. They are in good state but the GPUs potential in most cases is not reached yet. And that potential is critical now with Steam and heavy games.
            Last edited by verde; 24 July 2013, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Overall, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 was the clear winner on Linux against the Radeon HD 7950 when using the proprietary drivers.
              O really ? .... that the same on Windows.

We need 7970Ghz Edition againt GTX680.

And next time it was good if you test GTX780 or NVIDIA Titan on Linux, theese card used GK110.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
                Hardware manufacturers are known to avoid Linux for various reasons.
                Actually there are those that make hardware with Tux right there on the box. How about a nice piece of kit like the Intensity Pro HDMI capture card? http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/ Theres no reason he can't beg for one, do a review on it and build a review setup for real frametime latency like PCPer has done and start testing for real.

But that would take actual effort and work, both things he seems adverse to given that he only reviews with what can be completely automated. With the way he writes his articles it seems like everything is just copied and pasted from previous articles.

Comment

Actually there are those that make hardware with Tux right there on the box. How about a nice piece of kit like the Intensity Pro HDMI capture card? http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/intensity/ Theres no reason he can't beg for one, do a review on it and build a review setup for real frametime latency like PCPer has done and start testing for real.

But that would take actual effort and work, both things he seems adverse to given that he only reviews with what can be completely automated. With the way he writes his articles it seems like everything is just copied and pasted from previous articles.
                  Why don't you do all these yourself and show Michael and us how it should be done at a site run by you with benchmarks as you would prefer instead of always accusing others??

I am tired of all those I know everything guys and doing nothing...
                  I also hate Window$, their benchmark payed sites, and the guys that show them as something to follow!

Rot Microsoft in your awful Windows within your followers' empty brains!!

Comment

I've said it once and I'll say it again...It's HIS site and HE can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

If you don't like it, the exit is at the top right or top left depending.

Originally posted by djdoo View Post
                    empty brains!!
                    I use Windows and my brain certainly isn't empty.

Comment

I said microsoft followers not users! I also use windows Can't do without them for now...

Comment

Working...
                      X