X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indie Royale Bundle - 3 games for Linux

Hi

Here is Indie Royale Bundle:

Play FRIV.COM on Rogue.one, a browser-based free online gaming website you can play on your phone and desktop without downloading anything.

Scoregasm
    available on: linux, desura

BONUS: Irukandji

BONUS: Bullet Candy Perfect

Dammit... just bought this because of Ben There, Dan That (which I had never heard of before but it looked kinda funny), and now the donwload page tells me it isn't available for linux. I must say I'm a little bit pissed... I know it's my fault for not checking before, but I got so used to the Humbe Bundles it didn't even occur to me there might be no linux client. :/
    Edit: Actually, two of the other games aren't available for linux as well... well at least I didn't pay more than the minimum. :>
    Last edited by Zhick; 14 November 2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Ben There, Dan That does work fine in Wine, or at least it did when it was first released.

(These faux Humble-Bundles do sort of miss the point in that way, by not going the extra mile and porting the games)

Comment

IMHO these new bundles might actually have a negative impact for Linux gamers.
        I guess the majority of Indie developers rather decide to go for
        "Indie Royal Whatever Bundles" if they're not required to provide Linux versions.
        Even with Linux users willing to pay more than Windows users, at least for the
        Humble Bundles so far, bear in mind the total share of the generated money
        is rather low compared to the Windows and Mac sales.
        So unless an indie developer is a Linux enthusiast, where I fail to see a general
        correlation, I wouldn't be suprised if we see less indie developers to opt for the
        Humble Bundle "way".

Comment

IMHO these new bundles might actually have a negative impact for Linux gamers.
          I guess the majority of Indie developers rather decide to go for
          "Indie Royal Whatever Bundles" if they're not required to provide Linux versions.
          Even with Linux users willing to pay more than Windows users, at least for the
          Humble Bundles so far, bear in mind the total share of the generated money
          is rather low compared to the Windows and Mac sales.
          So unless an indie developer is a Linux enthusiast, where I fail to see a general
          correlation, I wouldn't be suprised if we see less indie developers to opt for the
          Humble Bundle "way".
          I guess the point of the Humble Bundle wrt linux ports was that linux users make up 15-25% of your revenue, but if other indies are willing to disregard such portions of the pie (chart ), then I guess there isn't much we can do. Some sort of community program to make porting easier will probably help, but I'm not sure how we could go about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mo6eB View Post
            I guess the point of the Humble Bundle wrt linux ports was that linux users make up 15-25% of your revenue
            I think that both the obligation to include a Linux version and the E.F.F. donation are a strong hint that they not only wanted to get more money, but also wanted to do something good. Now of course there's a strong possibility many developpers would prefer not to have to make and support a Linux version...

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
              Dammit... just bought this because of Ben There, Dan That
              Also, both this game and Time Gentlemen, Please! were done with Adventure Game Studio which was recently released as free software, so there's at least the potential for a Linux port.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                I think that both the obligation to include a Linux version and the E.F.F. donation are a strong hint that they not only wanted to get more money, but also wanted to do something good. Now of course there's a strong possibility many developpers would prefer not to have to make and support a Linux version...
                what the humble bundle did was make indie developers plan things better from the start.

Now most of them changed to crossplatform technology/engines.

also linux was unknown. not so much anymore.

the HB is still the big one thankfully, so almost every future indie will now take into account linux and crossplatform or even open source tech.

Comment

"Great", the new Indie Royal 'Really Big' Bundle does not contain a single Linux and only one Mac title... :S

Play FRIV.COM on Rogue.one, a browser-based free online gaming website you can play on your phone and desktop without downloading anything.

Comment

I can't help myself but the games imho don't cut the mustard.
                    Some days ago they stated, "to avoid confusion",
                    "Really Big" does not refer to a large bundle but to one specific game.
                    Call me naive, but I thought that this hints a "big" game.
                    Instead, they just meant a shmup named "Really Big Sky".
                    Nothing to add. Just that I'll stay with the Humble Bundles only in future.

I mean if there were at least two or three available on Linux...

Comment

Working...
                    X