Firefox 20 Drops In New Private, Download Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sakamoto View Post
    i do not experience any bugs - maybe it's your linux distribution which is broken?
    I can crash the latest Iceweasel/Firefox from Experimental in Debian, every day. Not that I'm impressed with Debian maintenance that has slowly eroded the past 4 years, but I have even less respect for the XUL world of Firefox.

Comment

i do not experience any bugs - maybe it's your linux distribution which is broken?
      I listed some of them here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic....28619#p1228619 . It's not my distros fault, it's reproducible on Windows even.

Comment

I think the mozilla devs are driven by Microsoft's cup cakes
        microsoft, sadely, stopped giving cakes to mozilla, due to rapid release.
        mozilla still gives cakes to ie.
        i love this tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
          I listed some of them here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic....28619#p1228619 . It's not my distros fault, it's reproducible on Windows even.
          that's "funny" but none of these issues seems to trigger for me. i'm using arch as well. i'm not saying those issues don't happen, but it might be a minority of the cases.
          i have issues with chromes and firefox alike, from time to time - cuz yeah, chrome is also a great browser, but actually FAR from fault free. You'll figure out as you use it.

Comment

Firefox ftw

The memory used by Chrome/ium is really too much (with several tabs open it can be 4x the ram taken by firefox), so it will never be an option for me.
            Chromium used to open very fast in the initial releases, but now is a PIG!

Firefox is becoming better,faster and more efficient from release to release... can't wait for ionmonkey!

Comment

Michael, there's a typo in your news. More important than slower ARMv7 processors is support for even slower ARMv6 (which is what the big news is about).

Comment

Compared to the typical firefox release it has many new features indeed. In my opinion the most important by far is H.264 support. With that feature and an addon to change the user agent on a per website basis I can have flash disabled most of the time at last. I hope the guys at mozilla bring this support on all os soon.

By the way, I don't know why these guys are investing time in supporting ARMv6 when firefox is obviously a resource hungry browser. Minimum RAM required is 384 MB so I don't think there will be many ARMv6 devices out there that can use firefox.
                Last edited by funtastic; 03 April 2013, 04:00 AM.

Comment

what exactly is private browsing?
                  Thanks

Comment

It's a mode that firefox wont save any information at all about what you did while in that session. No cache, no temp files, no history.

Great for keeping my old lady from knowing about *hub

Comment

Originally posted by kokoko3k View Post
                      The memory used by Chrome/ium is really too much (with several tabs open it can be 4x the ram taken by firefox), so it will never be an option for me.
                      Chromium used to open very fast in the initial releases, but now is a PIG!

Firefox is becoming better,faster and more efficient from release to release... can't wait for ionmonkey!
                      What I hate most about Firefox however is that it continuously hangs, and even if it's only on one tab, the whole browser hangs. This isn't the case on Chrome because every tab is a separate process.

Comment

Working...
                      X