Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE 4.3.0 Desktop Released

Phoronix: KDE 4.3.0 Desktop Released

It's arriving a week later than scheduled, but KDE 4.3 is now available. KDE 4.3 contains many improvements for Plasma, enhanced KWin effects, Dolphin effects, many application improvements, and much more. An extensive overview of the changes for KDE 4.3 can be found at KDE.org within their release announcement...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It's amazing! Air rocks and ability to customize each desktop independently is very neat.

It's pretty much perfect now, but still can't wait for 4.4 after seeing it's feature list (which is already massive)

Comment

Finally!

Kde 4.3 just rocks! It still of course has some minor issues, but it's reaching a stable and feature-rich status.

Comment

Personally I do not like the new minimize/maximize/close buttons. Those are way to sharp and IMHO not go nicely with the theme. Old ones from 4.2 were/are softer and were perfect. New tabs in oxygen also look strange, maybe I'm just used to the old look on this one. Still though the mentioned buttons look just wrong and I just cannot get over it, actually it may be the reason for me to change from oxygen style to something different.

Other then that all improvements seem nice.

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
          Personally I do not like the new minimize/maximize/close buttons. Those are way to sharp and IMHO not go nicely with the theme. Old ones from 4.2 were/are softer and were perfect. New tabs in oxygen also look strange, maybe I'm just used to the old look on this one. Still though the mentioned buttons look just wrong and I just cannot get over it, actually it may be the reason for me to change from oxygen style to something different.

I like bespin it looks pretty nice IMO especially with this http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...?content=98059

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post

I highly suggest to use Air style.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
              I highly suggest to use Air style.
              Isn't Air just a plasma theme though ? My concerns are about normal applications not plasmoids.

Comment

Yay! My overlay is finally out of limbo! (the kde-testing overlay has been looking for 4.3.0 tarballs since 4.3 was tagged, even though all the mirrors had 4.3.98)

4.3 really shaped up to a solid release. Kudos all around!

Comment

Can't wait for this...thank goodness. If KDE4 continues to improve then I can dump KDE 3.5 once and for all

Comment

Does it play nice with GTK+ apps?

I ran a fairly recent build if KDE a month or two ago and when I ran Inkscape I couldn't see the colors in any of the sliders.

I saw that the bug was known.

Wondering if this is fixed.

No idea whose fault it is? KDE, Qt, GTK+, Inkscape?

Comment

Working...
                    X