Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Now In Linux Beta

Phoronix: Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition Now In Linux Beta

The Linux beta of the Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition game is now available via Steam...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Duke 3D was already playable under Linux with eduke32, a port derived from original game with full source code (the 3DRealms code under GPL, Silverman code under a proprietary license).

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      Duke 3D was already playable under Linux with eduke32, a port derived from original game with full source code (the 3DRealms code under GPL, Silverman code under a proprietary license).
      Well it's helpfull if you don't already own the game and it's expansions. If all you got was a .grp and a link to eduke32 i'm sure there would be a bit of disatisfaction.

Any idea if this is at all based on an open port of duke3d?

Comment

I guess I missed the news back in March, I hope they have a 75% off sale again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
          Any idea if this is at all based on an open port of duke3d?
          Yes, it's a build of JfDuke3D with some EDuke32 code. Code is there:

Duke Nukem 3D Megaton Edition. Contribute to TermiT/duke3d-megaton development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

Coming to Steam on LINUX

Comment

I plan to buy duke 3d for Linux, but more interesting is Shadow Warrior Classic Redux for me. Shadow Warrior is a really bad example according to open source projects, because producer released source code and Nobody has finished Linux port of this game and version for Mac OS X doesn't exist.

Comment

Port of the 3D Realms game "Shadow Warrior". Contribute to jonof/jfsw development by creating an account on GitHub.

This should build and run on Linux and Mac. In fact, Shadow Warrior Redux is pretty much just a build of JfSW with a few new HUD textures.

Comment

Originally posted by gbudny View Post
                  I plan to buy duke 3d for Linux, but more interesting is Shadow Warrior Classic Redux for me. Shadow Warrior is a really bad example according to open source projects, because producer released source code and Nobody has finished Linux port of this game and version for Mac OS X doesn't exist.
                  And yet it runs fine on Mac: http://store.steampowered.com/app/238070/

Comment

Originally posted by Plagman View Post
                    Yes, it's a build of JfDuke3D with some EDuke32 code. Code is there:

https://github.com/TermiT/duke3d-megaton
                    Good to see porting projects being recognized and put to good use.

Comment

Working...
                    X