No announcement yet.

Catalyst 10.7 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't get it to do a buildpkg on Ubuntu Lucid. A straight install worked ok though. Yeah looks like the black rectangle thing is fixed.

Comment

Nice drivers overall... --buildpackage worked on Mandriva 2010.1 x64
      I can watch tear free video with mplayer,vlc and Xbmc with compositing enabled on kde 4.5 rc2 ..All my games work even the ones played with wine... only downside is tess is broken on Ungine Heaven 2.1 hardlocks the machine...with no tess works fine. No biggie that a benchmark is partly broken imo.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
      Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

When'll the bugzilla system open up the option to report bugs for this Catalyst version?

Comment

W00t amd did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

W00T!!!!!!!!!
          AMD finally managed to nail the Bug with Nvidia Nforce4 chipsets(CP51)!!
          I have OpenGL4 support with a Radeon 5770!
          and a working OpenGL 4 card!
          And this package managed to build the deb packages on Ubuntu/karmic without falling over its feet!!!!
          Thanks AMD for finally listening to my noise...
          Next on the list is whether OpenCL works...

Comment

Any chance that on a technical level AMD will tell us what was broken?

Comment

@Captain Sifff

You only THINK that you have got opengl4 because it crashes when you really try Unigine Heaven 2.1 with tesselation.

Comment

Despite all rumors to the contrary, the black window bug in firefox (and perhaps thunderbird, I haven't tested that yet) is still present:

Comment

And, yeah, thunderbird:

Comment

And Pidgin is also suffering the black window bug, although I haven't bothered to screenshot it.

Another fairly poor release as normal! So need to buy a GTX 460 when I get paid

Comment

Yeah, I had a brief flicker of blackness in gimp, too, when I was cropping the other screenshots, but I wasn't really sure it was the same thing, and didn't move fast enough to get a screenshot. If you're seeing it in pidgin, as well, then yeah, it looks like the new acceleration method is still amazingly craptacular :-)

Adam

Comment

Working...
                      X