Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Releases Its ARM Linux Graphics Driver

Phoronix: NVIDIA Releases Its ARM Linux Graphics Driver

Earlier this month we found out NVIDIA was bringing their driver to ARM -- following an announcement that NVIDIA would begin licensing Kepler graphics to SoC vendors -- and now they have done their first public release of the ARMv7 binary NVIDIA Linux graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

According to "Supported products" list it should be possible to run any nVidia GPU from NV50 (G80) to NVxx (GK110) with this driver. But is it really correct? Kayla page mention only GT640.
    Anyway, they probably need to clean up this list - at least mobile GPU shouldn't be there (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by RussianNeuroMancer View Post
      According to "Supported products" list it should be possible to run any nVidia GPU from NV50 (G80) to NVxx (GK110) with this driver. But is it really correct? Kayla page mention only GT640.
      Anyway, they probably need to clean up this list - at least mobile GPU shouldn't be there (yet).
      Since it is a port of the x86 driver it probably supports the same cards, but you likely wont find most of them attached to ARM hardware.

Comment

I want to try and run a GTX Titan with my Snapdragon S4 pro and see if there's any CPU bottlenecking in benchmarks.

Comment

Originally posted by devguy View Post
          I want to try and run a GTX Titan with my Snapdragon S4 pro and see if there's any CPU bottlenecking in benchmarks.
          Actually the recently announced CUDA on ARM board features a pci-express 4x port (mechanically a 16x will fit in it) so i guess you could do just that.

Comment

Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
            Actually the recently announced CUDA on ARM board features a pci-express 4x port (mechanically a 16x will fit in it) so i guess you could do just that.
            Even if that port would be PCI-E 3.0, 4? would still slow a Titan down (not by much). Oh also, what's the point in a Titan when you have the 780?

Comment

MIPS and POWER ports coming next?

MIPS and POWER ports coming next?

Comment

Working...
              X