Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XWayland Gets Updated

Phoronix: XWayland Gets Updated

Daniel Stone has updated the XWayland patches for supporting X.Org/X11 applications on Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by BO$$ View Post
    Is it just me or this wayland gets half of the posts here in phoronix? Why all this focus?
    Probably because it is one of the most important things that will be added to the linux desktop stack.

Comment

It looks like they're doing needless double work.

I mean, my point is whether is worth to change that much now for 1.0.x
      only given we have the other XWayland private protocol I've been
      designing done in parallel.

Comment

So we should have the new version of Rebecca Black Linux soon to test it ..

Comment

Is it just me or this wayland gets half of the posts here in phoronix? Why all this focus?
          Because Michael is one of the first guys aggressively reporting on Wayland. That's why it must succeed, and all articles are extremely positive. Much like the Steam thing.

It's different with Mesa and the open source drivers. Several developers have publicly slighted him, so all the articles are extremely negative.

At the end of the day, Michael is a hobbyist who earns some money doing this, so don't take it all too seriously

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            Because Michael is one of the first guys aggressively reporting on Wayland. That's why it must succeed, and all articles are extremely positive. Much like the Steam thing.

It's different with Mesa and the open source drivers. Several developers have publicly slighted him, so all the articles are extremely negative.

At the end of the day, Michael is a hobbyist who earns some money doing this, so don't take it all too seriously
            Please add a note to the start of your comment "spoiler alert: bullshit and half-truths follow", or "the troll in me has won, there:".

Comment

It's just you. What gets half of the posts is Bugbuntu.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                Please add a note to the start of your comment "spoiler alert: bullshit and half-truths follow", or "the troll in me has won, there:".
                Why? Michael was one of the first guys to report on Wayland, wasn't he?

Comment

Originally posted by Rigaldo View Post
                  So we should have the new version of Rebecca Black Linux soon to test it ..
                  Soon. The next ISO is hinging on xwayland

Comment

Working...
                  X