Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Firefox OS Devixes Are On Their Way

Phoronix: The First Firefox OS Devixes Are On Their Way

After a few months with developer preview phones and then getting 18 carriers interested in the fledging mobile platform, the first Mozilla Firefox OS phones are ready to ship to consumers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's a devixe?

Comment

Originally posted by davidoso View Post
      What's a devixe?
      It's a subtle type of typpo.
      Just like the main-in-the middle.
      It usually gets a fix, but it depends on how much humour it drives. The more the faster.
      This very one has almost none so it's set to stay here forever.

Comment

Maybe it's a play on "vixen"...

Comment

look how many Venders want to roll out, a FireFox OS, and, how many did not want to roll out a Ubuntu OS, Firefox Kicks ASS i just hope it get's user's away from Android

Comment

Originally posted by spacetoilet View Post
            ... Firefox Kicks ASS i just hope it get's user's away from Android
            I'm also looking forward for Firefox OS and all the html5/css/javascript coding goodies. I guess this mobile operating system will impulse much more further the combination of the mentioned trio for developing applications, and that can just only make good to the ecosystem by opening much further the mobile environment. If they have success as happened with the web browser back in the days, other companies will follow and we will be able to code once and run on all platforms with little to no modifications.

Thanks to Mozilla the web ecosystem improved, they where the firsts to make a decent web browser (and now many people throws rocks at them in favor of spyware chrome, it seems that been ungrateful is a trend), and still it is the best browser out there with all the improvements they have worked on.

They have done many advances on improving the rendering performance, JavaScript Jit as WebGL, they have basically pioneered web standards. This isn't going to be a childs play platform as many think and I'm rooting for them to reach the entire world.

Comment

Originally posted by Uqbar View Post
              It's a subtle type of typpo.
              Just like the main-in-the middle.
              It usually gets a fix, but it depends on how much humour it drives. The more the faster.
              This very one has almost none so it's set to stay here forever.
              I look forward to more of this =D
              Hi

Comment

Firefox OS is pretty nice, although I'm still looking forward to Sailfish/Mer more.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  Firefox OS is pretty nice, although I'm still looking forward to Sailfish/Mer more.
                  Same here. Although Firefox phones will probably be more in my price range... I'm hoping Jolla releases a more affordable phone, down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by dee. View Post
                    I'm hoping Jolla releases a more affordable phone, down the line.
                    Indeed. Alternatively, Sailfish could be ported to other, non-Jolla phones. Although then Jolla wouldn't receive the backing they deserve...

Comment

Working...
                    X