Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this still necessary for the latest release?

Comment

Could people please stop refering to problems with FC or any other distro? It's probably the same problems with numerous distros.

I'm on debian, and I have NO idea what the problem is when running fglrx on FC7. I'd be helped if you guys could say What breaks. Segfault? If so, what's the stack trace? Black screen? Can't identify screens? Doesn't compile? etc etc etc.

Because perhaps, this fix could help me and others too, right? But now, we don't even know if we have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mmastrac View Post
        Is this still necessary for the latest release?
        yes. fglrx 8.40.4 is unfortunately need patch.
        if doesn't, crashed in F7 x86_64.

Comment

why is fedora always in need of fglrx patches? what am i missing?

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
            why is fedora always in need of fglrx patches? what am i missing?
            Fedora always tends to be on the bleeding edge more so than other distributions.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael, Archlinux and Debian/sid are more current than Fedora and have no problems, so that argument can't be the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                Michael, Archlinux and Debian/sid are more current than Fedora and have no problems, so that argument can't be the reason.
                You're right about sid being more current, but perhaps it only works for 32-bit, becase on 64-bit with newer kernels, it doesn't work.

I'll have to repeat anyway: WHAT makes fglrx break on FC? I want to know if it's because of newer kernels, or X.org, and if so, I'd like a GENERAL fix, not FC-specific, because I sure as hell try out newer kernels as they come, and my Xorg isn't very old neither...
                But I guess I'm hoping for too much. I'll just have to accept that no one cares about 64-bit Debian/sid.

I just think the FC/Slackware-specific fixes are idiocy.

Comment

This thread is being closed since Fedora 7 x86_64 will be fixed shortly. If you have other questions or continue to run into problems please create a new thread.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X