Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 3.13-rc2 Kernel Released With Lots Of Fixes

Phoronix: Linux 3.13-rc2 Kernel Released With Lots Of Fixes

Linus Torvalds is celebrating Black Friday by giving out a great deal for Linux users: the Linux 3.13-rc2 kernel is now available for testing and regression spotting...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Kubuntu 13.10 amd64 with kernel 3.13.0-rc2 not start.......

Comment

kubuntu starts only when connected to a VGA monitor, if I try to use hdmi does not work

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenzov View Post
        kubuntu starts only when connected to a VGA monitor, if I try to use hdmi does not work
        I had (and have now, again with v3.13) hangs on boot due to a buggy VGA driver. I was able to provide information by building it as a module and modprobing it later. This got the bug fixed.

Comment

aspect of the new versions of the kernel, I thought I was alone in having this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenzov View Post
            aspect of the new versions of the kernel, I thought I was alone in having this problem.
            You rarely are

Comment

But you have the fix for it to work, I do not want to recompile the kernel 3.12.
              Thanks

Comment

It was just an example. My kernel would hang if I build nouveau inside vmlinuz causing the error to hang my entire kernel. The issue was with nouveau not providing empty clock domains for older cards (since these cannot be created since those cards cannot reclock).

Your problem lies elsewhere I'm afraid. Suggest you build whatever DRM driver as module and provide info by utilizing SSH/netconsole (?).

Comment

Working...
                X