No announcement yet.

Prey Linux Retail Client Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone had any luck gettin it to display properly on a dual head system?

If I want to play it in full screen it wants to be half on one screen and half on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by skkayman View Post
      No! Wait for release on tuxgames.com.
      We have to support linux games. It costs exactly like windows version here in Slovakia
      Why would I pay 4 times more for basicly the same thing (oh yay a burnt cd with the native linux binaries!). I want to support tuxgames but seriously things like that just get on my nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
        Here I was thinking that this was a new game when I read the news, but as it turns out this game was released WAY back in 2006 !!! So its taken 2 years for a ID Tech 4 (which is based on OpenGL) game to be ported to Linux !!
        It's been ported for a while now (Can't say how long, though, sorry...). What's been the hold up is the permission to do at least this much.

On another matter I see no obvious slowdowns when playing this game with Compiz enabled but sometimes the mouse gets all funny and I can't aim at anything.
        Hm... Might wanna tell Ryan through the bug reporting process that this is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by mugginz View Post
          Anyone had any luck gettin it to display properly on a dual head system?

If I want to play it in full screen it wants to be half on one screen and half on the other.
          That is because of how the dual-screen setup you're using is accomplishing things. The GL drivers think the display surface is one the size of the combined screen resolutions, and the accelerator splits the rendering surface between the screens. When you ask for a fullscreen surface in OpenGL, it uses the WHOLE surface resolution that you're utilizing in dual-screen and then sensibly centers it.

You're never going to get "proper" fullscreen with a dual-screen setup. It is going to always be split that way. Either live with that gap in the rendering, get a wider screen monitor that gives you most of the dual screen setup, or do it in a window...

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
            Why would I pay 4 times more for basicly the same thing (oh yay a burnt cd with the native linux binaries!). I want to support tuxgames but seriously things like that just get on my nerves.
            Unless you're going to be able to obtain a Windows 3-CD set or the DVD edition (as Ryan indicates...), you may have to buy it that way. It's in bargain bins in a few places and in a few of the used places at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
              Unless you're going to be able to obtain a Windows 3-CD set or the DVD edition (as Ryan indicates...), you may have to buy it that way. It's in bargain bins in a few places and in a few of the used places at this time.
              I didn't find it in any bargin bins when I looked around after the initial annoucement but I did find it on amazon for ?5... compared to ?22... I think I know which one I'll be picking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Aradreth View Post
                I didn't find it in any bargin bins when I looked around after the initial annoucement but I did find it on amazon for ?5... compared to ?22... I think I know which one I'll be picking up.
                Heh... Won't ask you to spend any more money than you need to in order to play this. Other titles, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  No, it's been Linux compatible virtually the entire time. Doom 3 has been on Linux for a few years now.
                  Enemy Territory:Quake Wars also uses ID-Tech 4

Comment

Am I right in thinking this means that all the games that use the ID-tech 4 engine now run under linux? Also I wonder if we will get Prey 2 when it comes out, I seem to remember that they'll be using ID-tech 4 again for it...

Originally posted by Svartalf
                    Heh... Won't ask you to spend any more money than you need to in order to play this. Other titles, though...
                    I tend to try and get the games straight from the developers.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      Enemy Territory:Quake Wars also uses ID-Tech 4
                      Right, and Quake 4, but Doom 3 has been around the longest on Linux obviously
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X