Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland 1.6 Is Under Planning For Release

Phoronix: Wayland 1.6 Is Under Planning For Release

We haven't heard much talk lately about Wayland 1.6 but Pekka Paalanen is stepping up and is trying to begin organizing work towards the Wayland/Weston 1.6 release that's quickly due...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wonder what's up with Kristian H?gsberg, work exhaustion?

Comment

Originally posted by mark45
      Basically nothing is remotely ready for 1.6 and Kristian H?gsberg lost interest in Wayland.
      Could you clarify ? Why has he lost interst - for technical or political reasons ?

What do you mean by "othing" ? As far as we ahve been told, all major toolkits and libraries were or are about to be reworked for Wayland and Chrome /FF are also due for new, Wayland-compatible releases.

So what is left ?

Comment

Originally posted by jukkan View Post
        Wonder what's up with Kristian H?gsberg, work exhaustion?
        Summer vacation season?

Comment

Maybe the Wayland 1.6 will not so full of new features, but the Wayland project itself seems in good shape, look here:
          wayland-x11-arm-mali
          I don't know, but if that graphics are correct... there are very impressive! O_o

Comment

Ban Mark45

The statements that Mark45 made.. and I'm not going to repeat them here... are MORE than worthy of a perma-ban. If Phoronix wants to keep even a shred of credibility it needs to come down like a ton of bricks on "people" like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
              Summer vacation season?
              Ten weeks is a mighty long vacation if you ask me. And if it was vacation, why not give people a notification on the mailing list? All I'm saying is seems like something's up.

Comment

He's made some commits to Mesa recently:

It looks like he's contributing code to get Intel's next generation of graphics processors to work well in Linux. It is possible that his focus has moved to not yet public projects at Intel.

Other than bug fixes and refactoring of weston most of the recent wayland work has centered around libinput and xdg-shell. Most of this work has been handled by other contributors so, as somebody has mentioned, the project looks to still be in good health overall.

Comment

Originally posted by jukkan View Post
                  Ten weeks is a mighty long vacation if you ask me. And if it was vacation, why not give people a notification on the mailing list? All I'm saying is seems like something's up.
                  ? That's completely normal in Europe.

Germany, France, Italy average 7-8 weeks of paid vacation, add unpaid / timebanked days to that.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    ? That's completely normal in Europe.

Germany, France, Italy average 7-8 weeks of paid vacation, add unpaid / timebanked days to that.
                    Germany - 35 days <-- what? I literally don't know anybody that has more than 30 days of vacation, how can the average be that high? I have to talk to my boss

Comment

Working...
                    X