Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaming, Linux Desktop Advances For May 2013

Phoronix: Gaming, Linux Desktop Advances For May 2013

With the end of May comes our usual end of the month summary about the most popular Linux news stories this month that appeared on Phoronix and other announcements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Portal 2 isn't out on Steam, even in Beta form. You should remove mention of it from that story's summary, lots of people have repeated the false report.

Comment

My recent Humble Bundles I buy with Bitcoin. That's actually the only thing I use Bitcoin for. Though I can't buy premium on Phoronix for Bitcoin. When you do, I'll be your premium

Comment

Putting the Ubuntu stuff in an artical about advantages is quite ironic.

Comment

Still waiting for CS:GO.

Comment

Originally posted by powdigsig View Post
            My recent Humble Bundles I buy with Bitcoin. That's actually the only thing I use Bitcoin for. Though I can't buy premium on Phoronix for Bitcoin. When you do, I'll be your premium
            Why do you want to pay in Bitcoin rather than kroner/dollars? Are you worried about telling Michael your credit card number or is it something else?

Comment

Portal 2 is still not available for Linux.

Comment

Looks like the latest Steam HW report is out now; if we can assume most of "other" is Linux distros then Linux usage comes in around 1.9-2% for May. They stopped splitting up Linux into around 30 distro entries this time around, mostly only showing the Ubuntu and Mint numbers, so most of the rest probably got pushed into other. I am guessing they decided on some threshold that a distro has to cross before being moved out from other now.

[Edit: Here's link for convenience: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey ]

Comment

Perhaps worth mentioning the beta for the next version of the awesome A Slower Speed Of Light is now available on linux http://gamelab.mit.edu/games/a-slower-speed-of-light/

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz View Post
                    Why do you want to pay in Bitcoin rather than kroner/dollars? Are you worried about telling Michael your credit card number or is it something else?
                    Why would you not want to pay in Bitcoin?

Comment

Working...
                    X