Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dinosaur Game Is Coming To Linux

Phoronix: A Dinosaur Game Is Coming To Linux

There's a new game under development that is another first-person shooter but takes the roles of dinosaurs fighting humans and vice-versa. This game is Primal Carnage and is currently under development by a relatively unknown studio called Lukewarm Media...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks realy professional. This could become a very awesome game if they would make it a little Left4Dead with dinasours meet Jurassic park meets Metal Gear Solid 1 ending with the vehicel.

It should however not be a 'here's your gun. Walk yourself through maps and kill everything on your path'-game.

Comment

I'm sure it's great, but it would never beat Heroin Hero:
      Relive the dawn of the South Park era, with legendary episodes of the groundbreaking, Emmy® Award-winning animated classic. Follow everyone's favorite troublemakers—Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny--from the very beginning of their unforgettable adventures.

Comment

on the box cover picture at moddb.com its written that it has unigine engine

Comment

Makes me think of Turok. Oh memories .

Comment

unigine? that's awesome. so, this game should look fantastic.

and who cares if it's another fps, this one seems to have a plot. something linux fps' lack.
            i'll pay up to $20 for this as long as it has a single player campaign mode.

it seems a bit like an upgraded dino crisis though. but that's fine by me

Comment

Originally posted by portets43 View Post
              and who cares if it's another fps, this one seems to have a plot. something linux fps' lack.
              I don't mind that it's an FPS. Not at all. But it shouldn't be an FPS all the time. You need some kind of vehicle part, like a hovercraft over a river or something. And have a part where you're on the back of a jeep, behind a machinegun and the driver is racing from point A to point B, while being chased by dinosaurs and you need to hold 'em off by, well, shooting :')

You know... that kind of thing. An FPS, but not an FPS all the freaking time...

And BTW... Prey has a plot...

i'll pay up to $20 for this as long as it has a single player campaign mode.
              I'll pay whatever it costs as long as:
              A) It's good game.
              B) It's not full of digital rights management.

If only point A) is pressent I'll just be donwloading it from the intarwebs for zero euro's. (borderline legal here).

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                (...) And have a part where you're on the back of a jeep, behind a machinegun and the driver is racing from point A to point B, while being chased by dinosaurs and you need to hold 'em off by, well, shooting :')
                (...)
                By reading carefully the forum's web site of the editor, I could read that no human could escape the T-Rex (who can imagine anything with dynos if there was no T-Rex ?) without wheels.

If there is wheels, it's easy to put a machine gun on it.

However, I still miss a game with the variety of vehicules seens in Unreal Tournament. That was the variety of vehicules that, IMO, make that game so fun.
                But I think the devs have played long to UT2K4, because the network play will offer base to link to get energy on it. Just described by text, it's hard to say, but I think they trying to describe the node system of UT games. And that's another good point.

I think this game will rule and make forget the stupid incident of the UT3 episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Fixxer_Linux View Post
                  By reading carefully the forum's web site of the editor, I could read that no human could escape the T-Rex (who can imagine anything with dynos if there was no T-Rex ?) without wheels.

If there is wheels, it's easy to put a machine gun on it.
                  Good! Variety is good! Either make a game with dual wielding rocket launcher and a shitload of explosions, or make a game with a shitload of gameplay variety. Everything in between is pure crap. Like an EA devlopper who works on the GoldenEye:Source mod in his spare time said: "Today [the publishers] want a shittube filled with awesomeness" and that is exactly what's wrong with FPS titles and actually almost all games these days...

I don't give a shit about UT though... If I want to play UT then I'll play UT and not something else that tries to be UT...

PS: Okey looky looky what we have goooot heeeeeeeeeeere http://www.moddb.com/games/primal-ca...-art7#imagebox
                  PS2: OMG this is actually going to be L4D with dino's and Jurassic style... I - NEED - THIS - GAME - RIGHT - NOW!
                  Last edited by V!NCENT; 30 December 2009, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Sweet. Beautiful graphics, and who doesn't love dinosaurs? So long as it has a decent single player mode (campaign, multi-player bot match, whatever), I want it.

Comment

Working...
                    X