Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Chrome 29 Now Out As Stable

Phoronix: Google Chrome 29 Now Out As Stable

Google released their stable Chrome 29 web-browser on Tuesday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now font in the address bar looks weird.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtKun View Post
      Now font in the address bar looks weird.
      On Ubuntu 13.04 I get jiggling text with every other character typed in the address bar. I don't have this problem on Fedora 18. I've also noticed a new bug (regression) with sizing divs that have "display: table". It sometimes doesn't always encapsulate the contents even with a fixed size.

Comment

YouTube with HTML5 works fine in Firefox, but on Chromium on Ubuntu the videos don't load.

By the way, this "restore to default settings" button is great on friend's spyware-ridden computer that have Chrome infested with toolbars and modified startpage, etc.
        Last edited by uid313; 21 August 2013, 05:04 AM.

Comment

WebRTC yay!

WebRTC yay!

Good that there's WebRTC support in Android. It's always good with more software supporting it. Just today I communicated with somebody with WebRTC on bistri. Bistri has a few problems but other than those, I chatted perfectly well(the bottleneck was his unreliable wifi connection) with him on the mobile phone(through bistri's app) and I on my computer Firefox 23 with WebRTC (VP8 and Opus) on my end. Firefox I think with their latest release, rel 23, for the mobile also had support for WebRTC. Good that Chromium followed up on that, or should I say Chrome?

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          YouTube with HTML5 works fine in Firefox, but on Chromium on Ubuntu the videos don't load.
          Chrome which is based on Chromium source comes bundled with Adobe Flash. That's maybe a reason why the focus is less on HTML5.
          Last edited by powdigsig; 21 August 2013, 06:45 AM. Reason: Grammar always gets my attention for some reason. I'm good at proofreading :D

Comment

Working...
          X