Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unigine Engine Ported To Android Phones, Tablets

Phoronix: Unigine Engine Ported To Android Phones, Tablets

The Unigine Engine, which is developed by the Linux-friendly Unigine Corp and is known as providing the most advanced and demanding OpenGL Linux game engine at this time, has been ported to run on tablet computers and smart-phones running Google's Android operating system. Wow...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Okay, that's just awesome.

Comment

I really hope they will deliver student or private licenses at low cost so we all can profit from this awesome news

Comment

Tomsk is in Russia, not Serbia...

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the Unigine Corp is a Russian company, not Serbian. As far as I remember Unigine's HQ are located in Tomsk, not so small city in the Siberian part of the Russian Federation.

Comment

Originally posted by lexa2 View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the Unigine Corp is a Russian company, not Serbian. As far as I remember Unigine's HQ are located in Tomsk, not so small city in the Siberian part of the Russian Federation.
            Get easy on the vodka, pal The article actually says Siberian, not Serbian.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
              Get easy on the vodka, pal The article actually says Siberian, not Serbian.
              What was corrected before many saw it, is not counted as misspelled.
              As in Odessian (from Odessa, UKR) "What felt down and was fetched fast is not counted as fallen" Kudos to Michael

BTW Siberian developers sounds like they program in coal mine. You know, Tomsk, -50, vodka, ore mine, ushankas, programmers...

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                BTW Siberian developers sounds like they program in coal mine. You know, Tomsk, -50, vodka, ore mine, ushankas, programmers...
                ...bears driving out on the streets riding the one-wheel bicycles, playing balalaika and people starring around in the similarly looking gray coats chatting with each other about the "cold weather". These well-know stereotypes introduced by the bunch of Hollywood movies was fun once the USSR had fallen and all the crap of such kind had found its way to the national TV networks. Nowdays this stereotypes looks annoying at best, not to say stupid.

As for my original comment - looks like Michael had corrected the "misspelled" word, changing "Serbian" into "Siberian" after reading comments from crazycheese and me on the forums. Well, both words seems to be quite similar so it's not a big surprise if one had accidentally spelled the first one in place of the second.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                  What was corrected before many saw it, is not counted as misspelled.
                  As in Odessian (from Odessa, UKR) "What felt down and was fetched fast is not counted as fallen" Kudos to Michael

Is it that cold, really? In that case best thing to do is stay at warmly place, and just code, code ...

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
                    Is it that cold, really? In that case best thing to do is stay at warmly place, and just code, code ...
                    That's might be the secret beneath the Unigine success :-) (well, possible future success, as we all hope that this linux-compatible engine would gain a major popularity throughout game development studios). As for weather conditions in Tomsk - this year we've got an anomaly warm winter in Siberia having around -20 Celsius degrees while it is typical to have around -35...-40 at this winter dates (i.e., in the middle of January).

Comment

Working...
                    X