Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New DRM Driver Is Coming To Linux 3.11 Kernel

Phoronix: A New DRM Driver Is Coming To Linux 3.11 Kernel

Beyond the exciting Radeon DRM driver changes that includes the long-awaited dynamic power management support and also initial support for the HD 8000 "Sea Islands" hardware, there will also be a new DRM driver to premiere with the Linux 3.11 kernel...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: A New DRM Driver Is Coming To Linux 3.11 Kernel

Beyond the exciting Radeon DRM driver changes that includes the long-awaited dynamic power management support and also initial support for the HD 8000 "Sea Islands" hardware, there will also be a new DRM driver to premiere with the Linux 3.11 kernel...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM5NzE
    So in other words, approximately equal to the functionality of an intel zXXX, with no happy sauce on the horizon.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      So in other words, approximately equal to the functionality of an intel zXXX, with no happy sauce on the horizon.
      I agree. I mean, ok nice at list you will see something on your screen. But defining it great when the reality is that this driver is almost useless, meaning you cannot use the hardware you own....... is plain wrong imho.

Having an open source *official* and with *a lot of work going on to fill the gaps* for the new Intel SoCs is what I define great.

Comment

Working...
      X