• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    Firefox + Chrome = 1% of user space?

It's not 1999 anymore.
    Did you read the quote?

Comment

• I gave you the benefit of the doubt. You are perfectly aware that Firefox and Chrome already have WebM support.

Comment

I gave you the benefit of the doubt. You are perfectly aware that Firefox and Chrome already have WebM support.
        Have you figured out what those browsers on PC's equal out to when all of web enabled devices are put into the mix?

Comment

• No I haven't, but I'm pretty sure that there are not 50 times more iphones watching youtube than are PCs. In fact, I'd be shocked if the VAST, VAST majority of youtube's traffic wasn't from PCs running regular browsers.

This doesn't mean that mobile devices won't play a major role in the future, but this is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            Have you figured out what those browsers on PC's equal out to when all of web enabled devices are put into the mix?
            The absolutely vast majority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apopas
              The absolutely vast majority.
              That, or mobile users avoid Wikipedia like the pest (~2% access from mobile platforms).

Comment

No I haven't, but I'm pretty sure that there are not 50 times more iphones watching youtube than are PCs. In fact, I'd be shocked if the VAST, VAST majority of youtube's traffic wasn't from PCs running regular browsers.

This doesn't mean that mobile devices won't play a major role in the future, but this is now.
                You better believe they do play a major role.

Comment

• and more reading

Comment

• How many of these devices can play HTML5 videos encoded in h.264 today?

That's right. They are irrelevant. All of them. This is the right moment to push for truly open standards before patent trolls get their foot in.

Comment

Working...
                    X