Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiseat using ati oss driver,,

this is a separate issue from the other problem I having
    I am very close to getting my multi-seat working using ati oss drivers. I have one last problem.

jaunty + ati oss drivers, 2 Radeon 3450

I can login to both screen just fine with seperate keybords mice.
    But when I logout of whichever seat i login to first Computer crashes hard. Cant use ctrl-alt-backspace and it crashes other seat also. But, logining in and out of secondary seat works fine. Anyone got some ideas on how I can trouble shoot this problem.
    Like u think this is an X-server problem, Gnome, ati oss driver?
    What Log files might help in this?

Thanks

Check /var/log/Xorg.0.log for first X server and Xorg.1.log for second one. I was able to start multiseat with Jaunty x64 on my 3850 and 3870 some time ago and do not remember any lockups happened. But since I play games I have to use fglrx Radeon driver devs mentioned that their driver is not ready for multiseat btw.

Comment

There is a discussion of this taking place on #radeon right now, albeit with r5xx cards instead of r6xx.
      Test signature

Comment

I

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        There is a discussion of this taking place on #radeon right now, albeit with r5xx cards instead of r6xx.
        No clue what you mean by #radeon is that a forum or something else? googled it and came up with nothing. Me one big dumb linux noob.

Comment

It's an IRC(Internet-Relay-Chat)-Channel on the freenode server. To join you'll need an IRC-Client like Konversation.

Comment

Michael also runs a logger at http://www.radeonhd.org -- you can see todays discussion at http://www.radeonhd.org/?page=archiv...09&d=2009-5-18
            Test signature

Comment

Working...
            X