Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put the wish list for porting projects HERE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
    Hm... 53 pages times 10 posts... you've got yourself quite a job there
    That's something on the order of about 20 or so people to mention, yourself included... I think I can gratefully do that for the people that goaded me, for all intents and purposes, into starting this whole thing, don't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
      How about the unnamed flunky who dies in the first second of the game?
      Red.
      Shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
        That's something on the order of about 20 or so people to mention, yourself included... I think I can gratefully do that for the people that goaded me, for all intents and purposes, into starting this whole thing, don't you?
        That for sure... although I'm definitely not one of those who goaded you into things... after all I came here way later

Comment

• We all know I was the worst offender on the goading front....

I dropped a respectable family of potential titles on him for free.

Comment

We all know I was the worst offender on the goading front....

You've little idea, RobbieAB... There may be big fruits from what'd slipped through the cracks previously on us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dragonlord View Post
              That for sure... although I'm definitely not one of those who goaded you into things... after all I came here way later
              Yeah, but you contributed all the same to the discussion- you're in on this too...

Comment

• Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
                Good starting point.

VU having the rights makes it a bit iffy for a publishing deal.

However, if Rebellion Developments used the same basic engine for 2 that they did with the original, then it may be a simple thing to resurrect the engine source over on icculus.org and bring it back to playability based on availability of the game assets.

This one's worth us digging about a bit in the same vein as ioquake, etc...
                Aliens Vs Predator 2 was not made by Rebellion, but by Monolith using one of the Lithtech engines. I know, because I was a big fan of the franchise at the time.

Nothing beats the original in beeing absolutely horryfing, though. The Marine campaign is definately the scariest thing I've EVER played.

Comment

• Ah... credits. It's the kind of thing I like to say causes friction. "Ruffling some fellow's feathers for not being included" lol.

If you bother with credits, Svartalf, that's probably going to be a huge list or... "Thanks to Phoronix folks.". lol.

Comment

I knew it. Svartalf collects Windows games! lol.

Comment

How about the unnamed flunky who dies in the first second of the game?
                      Yea! Thatd be great!! The first casualty right before the begginning credits!!

Comment

Working...
                      X