Dark Salvation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Salvation

New game using the "Quake 3 Engine" thought i would post it here , if it has been posted before sorry , looks good spooky. so what do you fellas think ?

Dark Salvation:
    http://www.mangledeye.com/news.html

Trailer:
    This is the trailer to the PC game Dark Salvation from the now defunct Mangled Eye Studios. Released in 2009.

ScreenShots:
    Get full access to this domain. Easy, seamless transactions. Zero percent financing available.

Webpage:
    Get full access to this domain. Easy, seamless transactions. Zero percent financing available.

We continue our work to bring Dark Salvation to the MAC and "Linux" platforms and we'll keep everyone notified when those become available.
    Last edited by bourbon36; 10 November 2009, 10:08 PM.

So this is a single player game?

I prefer single player over multiplayer most of the time anyway, so I'll likely check this game out when the Linux version comes out.

Comment

i'll buy it. for sure. i can already tell its worth 10 bucks.

Comment

Looks cool but still no Linux client . Hopefully it wont take much longer.

Comment

Looks similar to Painkiller series. Glad that another Linux game is comming.

Comment

Just found this in one of their earlier news-posts:
            Originally posted by http://www.mangledeye.com/news.html
            We're currently looking into bringing the game over to MAC and Linux platforms as well as an SDK and source code release. We'll info everyone in on the progress to that as we move forward.
            So does anyone know what this is about?
            Anyway the game looks nice enough and I think for 9.99$ I'll definitely get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhick View Post
              Just found this in one of their earlier news-posts:

So does anyone know what this is about?
              Anyway the game looks nice enough and I think for 9.99$ I'll definitely get it.
              The id tech 3 engine they're using is GPL'd. So technically they have to release the code for the engine. But like id with Quake 3, they can sell all the assets and everything that makes it a game.

Comment

Are you sure about that? It's still possible to license the engine from id, no?

Comment

last i checked it was 10 grand if you didn't want the gpl.

Comment

"It has come to my attention that this game was in development for 7 years, and that they licensed the id tech3 engine when it was still proprietary.
                    They said they will still release a source code , but there is no indication of what exactly."

No idea how much truth there is to that statement though...

Comment

Working...
                    X