Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Can Now Overclock Your Intel GPU Under Linux

Phoronix: You Can Now Overclock Your Intel GPU Under Linux

The Intel Linux graphics driver should now work better when overclocking your Intel graphics core thanks to a new Linux kernel patch...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

man, I had no idea turnbo didn't work under linux. glad its going to be fixed

Comment

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

let's go from 5fps to 10

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
        YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

let's go from 5fps to 10
        Don't you mean from 5fps to 5.7fps? A whole 14% increase!

Comment

I had no idea turnbo didn't work under linux

Comment

Two days ago I bought an i7-3770 (3.4GHz, 3.9GHz Turbo). In Linux only works at the base frequency under stress (3.4GHz). Does this problem has to do with what is here discussed?
            I hate to see that Windows has more support for intel. Still I can not find how to use Quick Sync in Linux:

Comment

Would my Intel? Core? i5-2430M be supported? I think it supports turbo up to 2.8Ghz from its normal 2.4Ghz max.

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
                Two days ago I bought an i7-3770 (3.4GHz, 3.9GHz Turbo). In Linux only works at the base frequency under stress (3.4GHz). Does this problem has to do with what is here discussed?
                You might try http://code.google.com/p/i7z/ to monitor your CPU under load.
                While other methods are sometimes misleading, it shows (at least for me) that turbo is indeed working...
                Last edited by Ren H?ek; 25 March 2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren H?ek View Post
                  You might try http://code.google.com/p/i7z/ to monitor your CPU under load.
                  While other methods are sometimes misleading, it shows (at least for me) that turbo is indeed working...
                  Thank you very much!!!
                  I was using cpufreq-info and some widgets for monitoring.
                  i7z seems properly monitor my i7. It indicates that the turbo is enabled and my i7 is running to 3.7GHz under stress.

Comment

Originally posted by YAFU View Post
                    Thank you very much!!!
                    I was using cpufreq-info and some widgets for monitoring.
                    i7z seems properly monitor my i7. It indicates that the turbo is enabled and my i7 is running to 3.7GHz under stress.
                    Is this with the new drivers reported here? Or an older driver? What driver version are we talking?

Comment

Working...
                    X