Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardware support for H.264

Hi,
    By now Linux uses the (only) the CPU(s) to decode the H264 video, thus, despite having a good video card, I can't watch high resolution video and the CPU goes nuts. Does anyone know whether there is any work in progress for Linux to use the video card's power as well? (On windows it does)

Originally posted by xlinuks View Post
    Hi,
    By now Linux uses the (only) the CPU(s) to decode the H264 video, thus, despite having a good video card, I can't watch high resolution video and the CPU goes nuts. Does anyone know whether there is any work in progress for Linux to use the video card's power as well? (On windows it does)
    According to the posts I've read in the pasts from Nvidia in their forums it's something they are working towards to in future drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      According to the posts I've read in the pasts from Nvidia in their forums it's something they are working towards to in future drivers.
      Would you please supply a link to where you found such info? I did a search but all I found is people mentioning that nobody knows anything and expressing hopes things get better some day.

Comment

Working...
      X