Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinnamon Desktop Comes To Fedora 17

Phoronix: Cinnamon Desktop Comes To Fedora 17

Cinnamon, the project out of the Linux Mint camp for a new desktop that's based upon upstream GNOME but brings back memories of GNOME2, has now entered Fedora 17 through the stable updates repository...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Excellent news. It would be nice to have a DE death match with benchmarks between GNOME, Cinnamon, MATE, Trinity, KDE, Enlightenment, XFCE and LXDE.

Comment

Nice

I want Ubuntu to package Cinnamon too.

Comment

I second that

Originally posted by 1c3d0g View Post
        Excellent news. It would be nice to have a DE death match with benchmarks between GNOME, Cinnamon, MATE, Trinity, KDE, Enlightenment, XFCE and LXDE.
        I think that's a great idea, though I'm not certain Trinity is worthwhile. Yeah, I guess a few people still use it, but I can't help but feel that it's on its deathbed (maybe I'm wrong). Anyway, if someone is willing to put effort into these benchmarks, I'd really love to see them.

By way of full disclosure, I'm currently in the LXDE camp, but very interested in Enlightenment. I like fast systems.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
          Phoronix: Cinnamon Desktop Comes To Fedora 17

Cinnamon, the project out of the Linux Mint camp for a new desktop that's based upon upstream GNOME but brings back memories of GNOME2, has now entered Fedora 17 through the stable updates repository...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTE0Mzk

I actually used a git snapshot instead of Cinnamon 1.4 UP1 for F17.

Comment

Working...
          X