Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 19 Alpha Arrives With Many New Features

Phoronix: Fedora 19 Alpha Arrives With Many New Features

The first alpha/development release of Fedora 19 "Schr?dinger's Cat" is now available after having been challenged by a delay...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Syslinux

It's good to see they have included syslinux as an option. Not everyone likes the over engineered/bloated grub2.

Comment

XFce 4.10?

Hmm, isn't that already in F18? (checks yum) yep, it's already in there.

Comment

Originally posted by willmore View Post
        Hmm, isn't that already in F18? (checks yum) yep, it's already in there.
        "along with existing options like Xfce 4.10 and LXDE"

Comment

Aw, Radeon 7000 support is still alphaish ... I really shouldn't have bought that, thanks AMD ...

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
            Aw, Radeon 7000 support is still alphaish ... I really shouldn't have bought that, thanks AMD ...
            Hey, the entire F19 release is still an alpha too. By the time it's actually released, the Radeon 7000 support may be better.

Comment

Basically Fedora is an interesting option to try lastest oss drivers but i miss somehow the infrastructure to switch between other binary drivers which have been installed in parallel. That works with Debian and Ubuntu (the Debian way is faster however as it does not need ldconfig). Maybe i install it anyway to get used to rpm again - at least there should be Secure Boot support out of the box to try...

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                Basically Fedora is an interesting option to try lastest oss drivers but i miss somehow the infrastructure to switch between other binary drivers which have been installed in parallel. That works with Debian and Ubuntu (the Debian way is faster however as it does not need ldconfig). Maybe i install it anyway to get used to rpm again - at least there should be Secure Boot support out of the box to try...
                Can you please take a look here? http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...g-through-BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by remm View Post
                  You buy AMD for Linux AFTER they improve their drivers or else you have only yourself to blame.

Comment

Working...
                  X