No announcement yet.

Razer DeathAdder 1800DPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why should a mouse have to be configurable? The best mouse should just always run at its maximum resolution, give it's raw data to the OS, and let it deal with it in software however it wants. There is no reason you couldn't do everything in software that the mouse firmware does.

Comment

Originally posted by Smorg View Post
      Why should a mouse have to be configurable? The best mouse should just always run at its maximum resolution,
      I take it your not a gamer. Back when I had a razer copperhead, I really appreciated razertool, as it made it easy for me to get the most out of it.

For basic desktop use, I find 800 dpi to be good. In a game like tremulous, I found a sweet spot with 2000 dpi and bind scripts changing the sensitivity depending on whether I was humans or aliens. With Savage2, 2000 dpi seemed to be messy. Razertool gave me a simple way of changing the mouse settings on the fly by having my own startup scripts for the games I played. I really miss this functionality in my current mouse.

Yes, I'm one of the few that doesn't dual boot to play games, I like Linux.

Comment

@3rdalbum:
        I have a Razer Copperhead and on the right there are two buttons mapped for sensitivity up and down. Doesn't your mouse have this by default?

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
        I find Phoronix's love interest with Razer to be somewhat like a woman in an abusive relationship who just keeps going back for more.
        Maybe, but ever since I got a Razer Copperhead I'll never going to be buying anything else, unless it dies.

I don't care what all the usefull/useless features are. All I know is that Razer makes the fastest responding mice (no standby BS) and mice that are best at recognising/seeing surfaces that aren't really good for optical mice (like a glossy white desk I once had).

I don't think that Razer has anything left to improve for their upcomming mice, except for form factor, grip maybe... It is mostly fine tuning though...

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot View Post
          I find Phoronix's love interest with Razer to be somewhat like a woman in an abusive relationship who just keeps going back for more.
          Love that quote I have a Razer Copperhead and Diamondback myself.

If you want a mouse that is fully supported on every os out there, steelseries has a mouse that you can fully control via a lcd screen on the mouse itself.

Comment

(Same bugmenot as before)

I don't have any personal experience with Razer's products, they sure seem to make really good hardware and people swear by them. My frustration comes only from their lack of linux support despite talking it up a while back.

I recall one review of a razer mouse (don't remember which one) went something like "Oh sure, most of the buttons can't be configured because they don't even send signals in xev, but I'm happy to recommend this as a quality product despite only being able to use 3 out of the eleven million buttons!" and I don't get it.

I mailed their support once, asking if it was possible to get an additional set of alt keys for the arctosa keyboard to replace the winlogo keys with since the alt keys have the same dimensions as the win logo keys, but apparently a company that sells keyboards doesn't even have spare keys. So yeah, a little miffed, but meh. Logitech didn't have any spare alt keys either.

No, I think I'll wait for Mionix to release a left handed version of the naos 5000, and a fully linux-usable keyboard without winlogo keys.

Comment

This Razer mouse we are testing out today ends up being nearly the same as the DeathAdder that was reviewed three years ago, but rather than boasting a maximum 3500 DPI sensor, this model maxes out at just 1800 DPI for its 3G infrared sensor.
              That's simply completely wrong. You reviewed the _same_ mouse model again. In the first Deathadder review you can read that it only has a 1800 DPI sensor.

At first the Deathadder had a 1800 DPI sensor. At the end of 2009 Razer released a Deathadder with an updated sensor with 3500 DPI. The old Deathadder with 1800 DPI isn't manufactured any more. You tested one of the old Deatheadders wich are left.

Comment

Working...
              X