Weird window blackening/whitening/graying problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird window blackening/whitening/graying problem

Windows (usually Firefox/Iceweasel) seem to get covered in black occasionally. I've seen it go white or even gray occasionally, but not often. This gets very annoying at times. I was able to get screenshots of this, too. The video card is a passively-cooled HIS Radeon HD 5570. It does have an 80mm fan zip-tied to it to prevent overheating, so I do not believe that overheating would be causing this. Temperatures of 35-50 C.

Here is a link to a tar archive containing 3 pictures, one of the video card cooler (for the curious and interested), and two of the blackening problem.

"Me too"s are welcome.

Something funny about Screenshot-mod.png: A page is open about XFCE and print screens, because I wanted to figure out how to do that (and I did).

Thank you!

me 2 on 10.7, ubuntu 10.4x64 and a 4870

Comment

me 2 on 10.8, kubuntu 10.04 x64 LTS with a 4650.

Comment

I get this on a Radeon HD 2400 Pro, the last time I used it. fglrx 10.7 I think.

Comment

Yet another post, I forgot to mention that this problem is not present on my Asus Eee PC 1201T with a Radeon HD 3200 (RS780MN) GPU, yet I am using fglrx 10.7 (again, self-compiled with module-assistant). I am also using a custom kernel on this netbook and the desktop with the Radeon HD 2400 Pro I mentioned in the previous post (not the same configuration, though).

Comment

Me too.
            Kernel gentoo-2.6.30-r6
            xserver 1.8.2
            Radeon 3850

Comment

Does forcing use of the older XAA code paths make the problem go away ?
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                Does forcing use of the older XAA code paths make the problem go away ?
                Not for me on the ATI Radeon 2400 Pro.

Comment

After a whole day testing, I would say, not for me on the ATI Radeon 3850

Comment

Originally posted by doubledr View Post
                    After a whole day testing, I would say, not for me on the ATI Radeon 3850
                    Problem went away?

Comment

Working...
                    X