• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Don't reply to spambots, please.
    indeed, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
      I'm on RHEL6 FYI. Google has stopped supporting RHEL6, so Chrome 27 is the last release for this OS. I'll continue to use it, as it works well for me. Also I'm a user not a developer, so maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know, but this is my experience with these browsers.
      Using an older Chrome with known security vulnerabilities is far more of a problem than bugs. You should definitely switch to a well maintained browser.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
        Did you read that? It was a bug that was reported and fixed. More than 3 years ago.
        It's big oversight to ship an open source web browser with spyware, no matter what time it was out in the public sphere.

Comment

Originally posted by intellivision View Post
          It's big oversight to ship an open source web browser with spyware, no matter what time it was out in the public sphere.
          Spyware is a term typically reserved for malicious software that gathers personal information. This is a feature (or a anti feature depending on your perspective) for enabling targeted advertising and Google fixed the problem when it was reported. It is not really appropriate to call it spyware.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
            Spyware is a term typically reserved for malicious software that gathers personal information. This is a feature (or a anti feature depending on your perspective) for enabling targeted advertising and Google fixed the problem when it was reported. It is not really appropriate to call it spyware.
            It's software that collected the personal information of users without their consent, sounds like spyware to me.

Comment

It's software that collected the personal information of users without their consent, sounds like spyware to me.
              You left out the critical part. The intend of this collection should be malicious. Otherwise, a lot of commercial software should be spyware instead which is absurd.

Comment

You left out the critical part. The intend of this collection should be malicious. Otherwise, a lot of commercial software should be spyware instead which is absurd.
                They are, and rightfully called as that by many people.

Comment

If it's done without consent, then any data collected should be treated as though it had malicious intent, otherwise such breaches such as the collection of data from unencrypted WiFi networks by Google would be considered perfectly legitimate.

Comment

If it's done without consent, then any data collected should be treated as though it had malicious intent, otherwise such breaches such as the collection of data from unencrypted WiFi networks by Google would be considered perfectly legitimate.
                    I disagree. It really depends on the data. Otherwise yum or apt querying the mirror list for updates can be called spyware.

Comment

Yum or apt obviously have consent, as you explicitly call them to do so...

Comment

Working...
                      X