No announcement yet.

KDE 4.10 Officially Released With Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE 4.10. How great it is. Plasma is crashing, but KDE doesn't give a flying f*ck because "it's a Qt bug":

Of course it didn't occur to them to work around the bug. No, they don't do such things. They prefer it when their users are unable to use KDE at all.

Qt generally doesn't care:

They pay more attention to bureaucracy than fixing bugs.

Comment

Looks like the nepomuk bug for recursive indexing is fixed now. With the update today it began working with the official version of the package again.
      Last edited by Akka; 09 February 2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
        KDE 4.10. How great it is. Plasma is crashing, but KDE doesn't give a flying f*ck because "it's a Qt bug":

Of course it didn't occur to them to work around the bug. No, they don't do such things. They prefer it when their users are unable to use KDE at all.

Qt generally doesn't care:

They pay more attention to bureaucracy than fixing bugs.
        Apparently you can get around it if you build the qt core module with CFLAGS -Os

Comment

Just installed KDE 4.10 last night. Seems very stable.

Comment

Originally posted by Akka View Post
            Looks like the nepomuk bug for recursive indexing is fixed now.

Yes, kinda works now. Unfortunately, results are far from reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by gedgon View Post
              Yes, kinda works now. Unfortunately, results are far from reliable.

Maybe I'm slow or something but how do you that conclusion with kfind? It's so many filters on nepmuk in what and where it index that I really don't have any idea how I should interpret the numbers.
              But all files I have tried search for I found at lest.

//edit I did a comparison of places the file index and the files + folders i got with a * search. I had 10827 files in the register. When I searched i got 8747 + 2076 =10823. 4 hits less than places in the index. I don't now if this is a bug or the 4 places is used to something else? So it really don't say anything
              Last edited by Akka; 09 February 2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Maybe I'm slow or something but how do you that conclusion with kfind? It's so many filters on nepmuk in what and where it index that I really don't have any idea how I should interpret the numbers.
                But all files I have tried search for I found at lest.

//edit I did a comparison of places the file index and the files + folders i got with a * search. I had 10827 files in the register. When I searched i got 8747 + 2076 =10823. 4 hits less than places in the index. I don't now if this is a bug or the 4 places is used to something else? So it really don't say anything
                Indexed data disk stores ~60 000 files. None of them is hidden/excluded from indexing. Only ~half of them was indexed (level 1). Just for confirmation, Kfind and Dolphin using Nepomuk database had the same task in this example, to find all images. Only kfind did it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by gedgon View Post
                  Indexed data disk stores ~60 000 files. None of them is hidden/excluded from indexing. Only ~half of them was indexed (level 1). Just for confirmation, Kfind and Dolphin using Nepomuk database had the same task in this example, to find all images. Only kfind did it correctly.
                  No I don't think kfind use nepomuk. Not that I tried but I'm almost sure about that kfind use a locate database if you activate the databse function.
                  Have you removed all filters from nepomuk and do you index hidden configuration files and son on.
                  By the way how do the inotify value affect this?
                  Last edited by Akka; 09 February 2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

No I don't think kfind use nepomuk.
                    Of course not, that's the point.

Not that I tried but I'm almost sure about that kfind use a locate database if you activate the databse function.
                    I wasn't aware of kfind and locate integration, anyway I'm not using locate, so it's acts like frontend to find command.

Haw you removed all filters from nepomuk and do you index hidden configuration files and son on.
                    Yes, like i mentioned earlier.

Comment

After tried a little, I don't get nepomuk to index my hidden folders. I don't found any filter alternative about that. The result is that do not find my hidden files and folder. No idea if it a bug or lack of a feature. Maybe that is why you get different result?

Comment

Working...
                      X