Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearing The Release Of Fedora 13

Phoronix: Nearing The Release Of Fedora 13

Last week marked the release of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, this week there was the releases of PCLinuxOS 2010.1 and a new openSUSE 11.3 milestone, and planned for unveiling in just over a week is the final release of Fedora 13. This week the Fedora 13 release candidate is available via their compose system as all hands are on deck to prepare for the release of Goddard.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I hope that this one will boot, i had problems with 12, still stuck with Ubuntu Lucid.

Comment

compositing

I've been running the alpha/beta of F13, and my only major complaint is that compositing with kwin doesn't work for me on my Clarkdale graphics (it crashes pretty quickly). My other complaint is that so many distributions insist on bundling pulseaudio (although you can work around it in Fedora).

Comment

Originally posted by atmartens View Post
        My other complaint is that so many distributions insist on bundling pulseaudio (although you can work around it in Fedora).
        I used to hate pulseaudio as well, but since I installed OpenSuse 11.2 and discovered the even greater mess that's KDE audio I actually miss pulseaudio. At least with pulseaudio I could play several audio streams at the same time on sound cards that lack hardware mixing. Oh, and I can't install pulseaudio because that would break some installed system packages.

Comment

Working...
        X